Starting each day with a few minutes spent in reading the Bible, makes the entire day go better. There are over 31,000 verses in the Bible to choose from. Picking a Bible verse of the day and learning it before you do anything else in your daily routine is a great way to keep God’s words in your heart, mind and imagination throughout every event of life.
You can choose a verse which reminds you of God’s love toward you. God’s love is revealed in verse after verse in the pages of Scripture. Some of the best known texts speak of His great love toward us. He also tells us that as Christians, we are to demonstrate it by loving each other.
Bible verses which promise wonderful gifts to us are another general category which is perfect to hold in memory through the day. He has promised us health, prosperity, and many other gifts. Looking up the Bible promises and recognizing His interest in every aspect of our lives is another way to remember a daily verse.
Scripture verses which are intended to show our thankfulness are also found in many places throughout the Bible. We can always find things in our everyday life to be thankful about. The Bible verses can remind us about many things for which we should be grateful. The majestic words often express thankfulness better than we ever could.
There are many verses which guide behavior and how we are to relate to those around us. Bible verses are often good instructional tools. There are standards of action and even thought which are suitable to guide us in our interactions with others and even in our behavior when no one else is there to see us. God always lets us know through His word of how we are to act and treat others.
Some verses are romantic, others are musical. We can find words from Scriptures to match any mood and to correct the most negative feelings. If you are sad, pick a happy verse; if you need encouragement there are verses to help lift you up.
Bible Verse of the Day
- Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed.The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much. James 5:16
- For God is not unrighteous to forget your work and labour of love, which ye have shewed toward his name, in that ye have ministered to the saints, and do minister. Hebrews 6:10
- For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him. 2 Corinthians 5:21
- For his anger endureth but a moment; in his favour is life: weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning. Psalms 30:5
- For the oppression of the poor, for the sighing of the needy, now will I arise, saith the LORD; I will set him in safety from him that puffeth at him. Psalms 12:5
- For the rod of the wicked shall not rest upon the lot of the righteous; lest the righteous put forth their hands unto iniquity. Psalms 125:3
- For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. Isaiah 9:6
- From the end of the earth will I cry unto thee, when my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the rock that is higher than I. Psalms 61:2
- He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? Micah 6:8
- Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer. Psalms 19:14
- LORD, thou hast heard the desire of the humble: thou wilt prepare their heart, thou wilt cause thine ear to hear.Psalms 10:17
Bible Verse of the Day Video