There are a lot of Bible Verses About Baptism in the Bible. In a Christian’s life, baptism has been likened to a new birth which also represents the death and resurrection of Christ. The immersion form of baptism represents dying to sin and being reborn to join other believers in the spiritual life. The recognition of this major event in the life of every Christian is one which is found in the pages of Scripture. Not only is the event special in the life of the person being baptized, it is also a time for celebration in the lives of the congregation of believers. Here are some Bible verses about baptism.
A common thread for baptism verses has references about new life. Turning from sins and focusing the goals and aims of life upward is a new experience for the person being baptized. It is also a time to recommit our lives to refocus on the actions and thoughts of a Christian. As we rejoice with the new believer, we are reminded of our own baptism and commitment to life as a Christian.
When we are part of a baptism, whether as an observer, or participant, we are giving up the actions, beliefs and focus of the life to date and making a commitment to change our entire viewpoint and lifestyle. We focus on the salvation offered by God, through the death of His Son and claim that gift of salvation by taking on the name of Christian.
An adult baptism is one which usually done through immersion. An infant dedication is also a cause for celebration by the parents, godparents and other family members who gather together to celebrate the infant’s entrance into the life of the church.
The life of a new Christian can be begun at any age, whether as an infant or a senior citizen. Congratulating the convert or the parents for the decision to join the fellowship of believers can be done by sharing verses from the Bible. The verses represent a type of celebratory expression that is meaningful to the participants in the baptism ceremony. They are uniformly happy and positive messages of congratulations on the decision to become part of the body of Christ. The next post in the series will be a commentary on baptism. If you have any comments or questions, please type it in the facebook comment box.
Bible Verses About Baptism – Amazing Quotes On Baptism
- Acts 2:38 – Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
- John 3:5 – Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and [of] the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
- Mark 16:16 – He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
- 1 Peter 3:21 – The like figure whereunto [even] baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ:
- Romans 6:4 – Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
- Matthew 28:19 – Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
- Colossians 2:12-13 – Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with [him] through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.
- Acts 2:41 – Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added [unto them] about three thousand souls.
- Romans 6:3-4 – Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?
- Galatians 3:27 – For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
- Matthew 3:16 – And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him: