This post contains a few Bible Verses About Forgiveness. A friend might do something that you don’t augur well with you. He or she might hurt you in the worst ways but as a Christian we should always learn to forgive each other. Sometimes people might do things intentionally or unintentionally but the most important thing that Christ taught us is that vengeance can never be a solution to any problem. Revenge will only worsen the situation. Seek guidance from God. Read some of the Bible verses about forgiveness so that you could learn to forgive your friends as well as your nemeses.
You should forgive not only your pals, but also your foes. The Bible says that one cannot ask Christ for the forgiveness of their sins if they haven’t forgiven other people for sinning against them. God will not wipe away your wrongs if you don’t forgive your friends for their wrong doings. Absolve those who are close to you so that Christ can wipe away your mistakes.
The Holy Scriptures urges us to repent. That is the only way that we will be welcomed to the gates of Heaven. Forgiveness Bible verses tells us that we have been forgiven much hence we should forgive easily. Pray for forgiveness and through that way you will live a more fruitful life.
Just as the Lord forgave the sins of the Israelites from the time, they left Egypt till when they arrived in Canaan, Christ tells us to forgive our fellow men. It doesn’t matter if it is your father or mother who wronged you, or even your sibling, Jesus urges us to forgive and forget. Pray for your fellow men and exonerate them from all harm that they might have caused you and through that your heart will be purer and you will be happier.
We as Christians should replicate the ways of Christ. Get rid of all bitterness that is in your heart, any slander or any form of malice. You should also be compassionate and kind to others. Jesus told Peter that he should forgive other people up to seventy-seven times. Christ meant that we shouldn’t count the number of times we pardon others for sinning against us. Forgive and forget those who wrong you.
These Bible verses about forgiveness teach us how we should be kind to one another. You should not only absolve your friends from doing you harm but also forget whatever pain they might have caused you. Have you been blessed by this post on forgiveness. Share it with friends and family.
10 Bible Verses About Forgiveness
- Ephesians 4:32 – And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ’s sake hath forgiven you.
- Mark 11:25 – And when ye stand praying, forgive, if ye have ought against any: that your Father also which is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses.
- 1 John 1:9 – If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us [our] sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
- Matthew 6:15 – But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.
- Matthew 18:21-22 – Then came Peter to him, and said, Lord, how oft shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? till seven times?
- Matthew 6:14-15 – For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you.
- James 5:16 – Confess [your] faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.
- Luke 6:27 – But I say unto you which hear, Love your enemies, do good to them which hate you,
- Colossians 3:13 – Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also [do] ye.
- 1 Corinthians 10:13 – There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God [is] faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear [it].