Bible Verses For Valentines Day is another amazing post. Although Valentine’s Day celebrated today is not generally considered as a religious holiday, it is named for a martyr in the Christian faith during the 5th century. Even before that time, it was one of the Roman holidays, specifically Lupercalia. The personage of Valentine is not certain, but it is believed he was instrumental in supporting love for those of his era. The pagan feast is one of fertility. Here are some Christian Valentine sayings to think about.
Love between a man and a woman is instituted by God. Recognizing that love is part of the Scriptures. The entire book of Song of Solomon is a beautiful love poem. There are many passages in this book which could be applied to a loving relationship between a husband and wife.
In the broader viewpoint, God often refers to the relationship between Himself and His church as being like that of a marriage or love between a man and woman. His church is referred to as a “bride” or a pure woman. These references could be applied in many instances to romantic love. The Christian ideal of love is pure and idealistic. It is romantic and is a idealistic goal. Unfortunately, it is not always able to maintain that level during the wear and tear of living with a person, even if he or she is well loved.
Christian references to love on Valentine’s Day help to remind us, not only of what drew us to the object of our affections in the first place, but of how special that human relationship can be when likened to God’s love for His people.
References to love are found throughout Scriptures. Using these verses and texts as a basis, many writers have spoken of the type of love we should be exhibiting to those around us. Using the sayings from the Bible and applying them to those we care about is a great reminder of the real importance of the holiday. Keeping the type of pure love in mind in all of our relationships doesn’t have to be limited to the celebrations in honor of St. Valentine’s Day, it can be part of every aspect of our lives.
Bible Verses For Valentines Day
- Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children. Ephesians 5:1
- Hatred stirs up conflict, but love covers over all wrongs. Proverbs 10:12
- Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good. Romans 12:9
- No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us. 1 John 4:12
- And hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us. Romans 5:5
- Dear children, let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth. 1 John 3:18
- Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. Philippians 4:8
- And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. Romans 8:28
- Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love. 1 John 4:7-8
- There are three things that are too amazing for me, four that I do not understand: the way of an eagle in the sky, the way of a snake on a rock, the way of a ship on the high seas, and the way of a man with a young woman. Proverbs 30:18-19