When you read the bible you begin to have knowledge, understanding and revelation from it. You begin to realize that there is more to the Bible than just words. The Bible is widely a source for all life aspects that one maybe in search of. Line upon line and scripture upon scripture of the Bible will bring out all the percepts that one needs in life. The Bible verses contain healing, comfort, joy and there is also a bunch of bible verses on strength.
The Bible verses on strength have clearly outlined what strength is and how it is to be put to use. One needs to understand that every good and perfect gift comes from God and strength is also not left out in that cluster of what you can receive from God. Strength is not to be used in boast but for purpose. We see Jesus the most powerful yet He was able to put His divnity aside so just to accomplish the purpose. He could have used His strength to resist arrest and even delivered Himself from the hands of the Romans. But He understood purpose of His power. His power and authority was no ordinary strength but rather that of a divine power.
Bible verses on strength also point to the word of God as the source of our strength. This does not go for physical strength but rather spiritual muscles. We are told that we do not wrestle not only against flesh and blood but also with principalities, powers and authorities in high places. For this reason there is a need to have strength to fight the spiritual. The bible verses on strength show that we do develop spiritual muscles through spending time in the word of God and living in righteousness. The word of God empowers one to have understanding of both the supernatural realm and the physical.
The physical strength in men is also pointed out in the bible verses on strength. Some of the strongest men we come across in the bible we are told was as a result of Gods favor in their life. The strongest of them all was the famous Samson who managed to tear up a lion with his bare hands and also bring down a temple by pushing against the pillars. The bible verses on strength makes us to appreciate that it is merely not by our shear power and might but rather by the grace and mercy of God.
A Few Bible Verses On Strength
- Philippians 4:13 – I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.
- Deuteronomy 31:6 – Be strong and of a good courage, fear not, nor be afraid of them: for the LORD thy God, he [it is] that doth go with thee; he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee.
- Deuteronomy 20:4 – For the LORD your God [is] he that goeth with you, to fight for you against your enemies, to save you.
- Isaiah 41:10 – Fear thou not; for I [am] with thee: be not dismayed; for I [am] thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.
- 1 Corinthians 10:13 – There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God [is] faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear [it].
- Matthew 11:28 – Come unto me, all [ye] that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.