Although much of the Bible is written in the male gender mode, you may be surprised to learn that God also has provided encouraging Bible verses for women. These scriptural texts sometimes speak directly about experiences only a woman can have, but other times can be used by either males or females to describe the relationship with God. For all women who need the relationship with God in order to fulfill her role as a woman in God’s eyes, the support and encouragement gained from scriptures can be a strength and blessing.
These encouraging Bible verses about women indicate that a woman who is strong and confident in many things is His ideal. She is described as having compassion on those who are less fortunate and in control of her own household. The God-fearing woman is one who makes decisions about herself and her family based on the standards and principles set out in Scriptures. She is not weak and clinging, but respecting of others who are weak and frail, in the same way God is.
God doesn’t distinguish between men and women when it comes to salvation. It is freely offered to all persons. That in itself should be an encouragement to all women who are seeking to do His will. When He says that belief on Him is the per-requisite for being saved, it is an encouragement to each one of us, male or female.
Obviously, there are some things that women can do which males are unable to do. This indicates that God has provided a role for women in the physical sense. That is an encouragement to all who are feeling slighted or limited in society’s restrictions. Look to the words of the Bible for encouragement and uplifting promises and gather strength from them.
God has made special provision for women in some instances. He offers the resources of the church in caring for widows and children. He does, however require that godly women should help and teach the younger women about the ways of a believer. Each member of the Body of Christ should recognize their role and participate in uplifting and supporting the others. Below are encouraging Bible Verses For Women.
Encouraging Bible Verses For Women
- John 10:10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.
- Matthew 6:19-21 Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal: But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal: For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.
- Mark 8:38 Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation; of him also shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he cometh in the glory of his Father with the holy angels.
- Romans 12:1-2 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
Encouraging quotes For Women
- I want you to be concerned about your next door neighbor. Do you know your next door neighbor? Mother Teresa
- One of the greatest diseases is to be nobody to anybody. Mother Teresa
- The biggest disease today is not leprosy or tuberculosis, but rather the feeling of being unwanted. Mother Teresa
- The miracle is not that we do this work, but that we are happy to do it. Mother Teresa
- Each one of them is Jesus in disguise. Mother Teresa
- Joy is a net of love by which you can catch souls. Mother Teresa
- There is always the danger that we may just do the work for the sake of the work. This is where the respect and the love and the devotion come in – that we do it to God, to Christ, and that’s why we try to do it as beautifully as possible. Mother Teresa
- There must be a reason why some people can afford to live well. They must have worked for it. I only feel angry when I see waste. When I see people throwing away things that we could use. Mother Teresa
- Our religious activities should be ordered in such a way as to have plenty of time for the cultivation of the fruits of solitude and silence. A.W. Tozer