What are some Short Bible Verses To Consider? Because of the care in translation of the various Bible versions, there are some powerful words to be considered. However, the way the chapters are broken down is not necessarily the work of the translators, but of an Archbishop of Canterbury, Stephen Langton. The first version to use the way the chapters are currently placed was placed in around AD 1227. The Wycliffe English Bible was the first to use the patterns commonly used to day, beginning in 1382.
The divisions between chapters and verses makes it much easier to find a particular phrase or set of words. That being said, the short Bible verses are easy to find because they have been publicized. Other short verses are notable just because they are so powerful in the message which they convey. Our attention may also be drawn to these specific verses just because they are short.
Memorization of short verses is easier than memorization long and complicated texts. We may be able to expand our ability to remember more verses by count, but that is still not the most important aspect of short verses. It is the power contained in only a few words.
Since most of us do not understand the original languages of the Bible, we have no way of knowing whether a specific few words of Scripture have the same meaning in the original. However the beauty of just a few words in the English language can uplift the hearts and minds of the readers.
Some of the brief verses that we say and understand are also well known as mottoes or pithy sayings. Some people are surprised to learn that common phrases in English are originally found in the King James Version of the Bible. A good example is referring to a beloved child as the “apple of his eye”. Some short texts have been made into classic songs, even rock songs. “Turn, Turn, Turn” has words from the book of Ecclesiastes. “To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under heaven.” The song written by Pete Segeer in the late 1950s goes on to quote further from Ecclesiastes Chapter 3. Here are Short Bible Verses To Consider.
Short Bible Verses To Consider
- Bless them which persecute you: bless, and curse not. Romans 12:14
- For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God. Romans 3:23
- But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
- For the righteous LORD loveth righteousness; his countenance doth behold the upright. Psalms 11:7
- In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. John 1:1
- For with thee is the fountain of life: in thy light shall we see light. Psalms 36:9
- Wealth gotten by vanity shall be diminished: but he that gathereth by labour shall increase. Proverbs 13:11
Short Bible Quotes To Consider
- God would not put the dream in your heart if He had not already given you everything you need to fulfill it. – Joel Osteen
- Some people almost miss the great things God wants to do in and through them because they talk themselves out of believing for better things.-Joel Osteen
- You have to realize that God match you with your world.- Joel Osteen
Short Bible Verses Video