What is love? Its definition is a range of feelings, attitudes or states towards something or someone.
It can also mean an emotion of a strong person attachment or a strong attraction. It represents compassion and human kindness towards one another. There are so many Bible verses on love in the Holy Scriptures; verses that are important as they will help us appreciate one another. These verses also will help form stronger bonds with those who we love and adore.
God tells us to do unto others what you would want them to do to you. Don’t hurt your friends because it is obvious that you wouldn’t want them to hurt you. Always be there for them. Love your friends through the good times and through the tough times. Advise them and pray for them. Whenever they fall by the wayside, don’t castigate them, instead pray to God that He may guide them back to the path of the righteousness.
Love your enemies. God tells us in the various Bible verses on love that we should not only love our acquaintances. Hating your enemies won’t add any value to your life. Do good deeds to them. Don’t hurt them. As a Christian, you should copy the ways of Christ. He never hated his enemies. He loved them and prayed for them.
One of the most paramount Bible verses on love is that you should love your neighbor as you love yourself. It is the greatest commandment. The Lord knows the importance of love. Being dear to your friends will bring progression to your life. Fighting with those who are close to you will only make the devil happy. Don’t let satan win. Make Him lose all battles that He has against you by praying for your neighbor and loving them.
Love binds all of us. Developments and blessings in your life will be unlimited if you love those who are dear to you and your enemies too. God will protect you and cover you with His Holy mighty blood. Wherever you walk, you will be successful because love covers a multitude of inequities.
Why should you love your neighbor and foes as well? We love because God first cared and loved us. He confirmed that by sending His son to die for our sins. Love conquers fear. Without fear, no one can overcome you. It means that the devil and His evil ways cannot punish you. You will always defeat Him because God loves us.
Some Amazing Bible Verses On Love
- And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in them. 1 John 4:16
- We love because he first loved us. 1 John 4:19
- And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity. Colossians 3:14
- Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends. John 15:13
- Jesus replied: ‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ Matthew 22:37–39