Are you looking for Where To Find Words of Encouragement? When we are in the midst of a sad period in our lives and do not know which way to turn for comfort, it helps to know that help is available from several places. Words of encouragement are often found in Scriptures, for instance. If we spend time reading and studying the Bible, the words will be indelibly impressed in our minds, to be called into memory at a time they are most needed. The term “encouragement” can be defined as a way of providing courage. When life events seem overwhelming, the Bible texts are provided by God to give us the exact words of courage that we need to carry on.
In addition to the Bible, we can gain courage from loving friends who know our troubles and are quick to speak words that will life our spirits and provide the encouragement that we need to carry out our tasks and activities of daily life. Building a support circle of friends is a way to improve your emotional well-being. In turn, this helps your physical health.
Encouragement can be gained by reading stories about heroes or ordinary people who have faced trying times. There are stories in the Bible about people such as Daniel, Joseph and Paul who faced extreme hardship during their lifetime. We can read their stories and search to understand how they handled their difficult time. There are also stories from the great heroes who are not in the Bible, but often relied on the Bible for their solace and strength. Mother Teresa and George Mueller come to mind.
Encouragement may also come from a recognition that God doesn’t make mistakes when He created us. He bought our salvation with the life and blood of His Son. If God values us so highly, we should have no doubt of our importance to Him. That fact alone can be a tremendous way to be encouraged about our value.
Prayer is another way to receive the encouraging words that we need when feeling downcast. God has said we can ask what we will of Him and He will answer. That is a promise which has powerful implications to build courage.
Where To Find Words of Encouragement
- God is faithful, by whom ye were called unto the fellowship of his Son Jesus Christ our Lord. 1 Corinthians 1:9
- But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. 1 Corinthians 15:57
- For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ. 1 Thessalonians 5:9
- God is my strength and power: and he maketh my way perfect. 2 Samuel 22:33
- If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him. James 1:5
- Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might. Ephesians 6:10
Bible Verses For Encouragement
- I trust Jesus with all my tomorrows, knowing that He will solve the mystery of life beyond the grave.- Billy Graham
- No matter how dark and hopeless a situation might seem, never stop praying.- Billy Graham
- Believers, look up – take courage. The angels are nearer than you think. God does not discipline us to subdue us, but to condition us for a life of usefulness and blessedness.- Billy Graham