There are a number of definitions which apply to the term “faith”. One working description of faith is the ability to put your confidence in something or someone which cannot be perceived with any of the physical senses. A belief in the presence and power of God is termed faith in God. Belief or faith in God is the full understanding or knowledge that He will keep each of His promises, as stated in the Inspired Word. Here is a selection of Scriptures on faith.
Faith is a gift from God. It is not something that we can earn or that we can achieve on our own. He has clearly shown that He wants to give us many good gifts. The belief or faith that He will provide the faith we need to trust in His goodness and promises is something that He has freely given.
Faith is not something we need to strive for. It is a simple and calm trust in the character of God. He has given us many examples of why we should trust in Him, but sometimes it is hard to remember when we are in the midst of a trying or dangerous situation, whether physically or emotionally. When the pathway seems especially difficult, we can turn to the Word of God for reassurance. Our part is to have faith that He always keeps His promises.
Not only does God tell us through scriptures that we are to believe on Him, but He also provides dozens of examples of faith in action in the lives of Biblical characters. The great faith chapter in Hebrews talks about the best known of the patriarchs and judges, but there are others who are examples of what it means to have faith in God.
Holding on to the demonstrations of God’s care for each of us helps to strengthen even minimal amounts of faith. Spending time each day reading and meditating upon His inspired words from the Bible regarding those who are identified as the great champions of faith is a way to help us grasp the promises in our own lives.
A Selection of 12 Scriptures On Faith
- All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness. 2 Timothy 3:16
- All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. John 1:3
- And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.Romans 12:2
- And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.Revelation 21:4
- And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness.Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 2 Corinthians 12:9
- Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. Acts 2:38
- While the earth remaineth, seedtime and harvest, and cold and heat, and summer and winter, and day and night shall not cease. Genesis 8:22
- Who knoweth not in all these that the hand of the LORD hath wrought this? Job 12:9
Quotes About Faith
- God wants to do a new thing. Joel Osteen
- Nothing will keep you from the good things of God as much as living in the past. Joel Osteen
- I believe if you keep your faith, you keep your trust, you keep the right attitude, if you’re grateful, you’ll see God open up new doors. Joel Osteen
- The closed door simply means God has something better in store. Joel Osteen