Discouragement is a common emotion for humans. Times can seem very tough at times and the person who is untouched by difficult circumstances is rare. When you are feeling as if nothing is going right for you, it’s hard to look up and see that things are likely to be better in the future. Encouragement Bible verses can be a good starting point for lifting the spirit and looking forward to better times.
Encouragement is defined as a state of courage. The ability to remain emotionally courageous even during times where it seems as if nothing is hopeful or promising is a gift from God. He provides words which speak to the heart and mind and let the reader know that God will give the words of courage which are necessary to carry on with tough tasks.
We see Bible verses which demonstrate the courage of Bible characters. Abraham had the courage to leave his homeland and set out on a journey to an unknown destination at the direction of God. Daniel had the courage to place his trust in God and continue praying publicly in spite of a law which forbade it. The prophet Elijah had the courage to challenge the prophets of Baal and the wrath of the king and queen.
We can look to these Bible characters to find the encouragement we need in our own lives. They each placed their trust in the plain words of God and we can do the same. We are able to go to the Bible for courage when we need it for difficult tasks and for life situations which would otherwise be overwhelming.
We sometimes have spiritual challenges that are troublesome in our lives. We may wonder whether God is really there and is devoted to our welfare. The attacks of the adversary may seem like they are overwhelming in pressure and complexity. Going to the Bible and seeking God’s words to uplift and encourage is the best method for living life more fully. We can count on these words to carry us through life’s most difficult and discouraging moments.
A Selection of Encouragement Bible Verses
- If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you. Matthew 17:20
- Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead.1 Peter 1:3
- Is not My word like a fire? Says the Lord, and like a hammer that breaks the rock in pieces? Jeremiah 23:29
- be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord. 1 Corinthians 15:58
- …If God be for us, who can be against us? Romans 8:31
- Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me. Psalms 51:11
- And, lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them: and they were sore afraid. Luke 2:9
A Selection of Encouragement Quotes
- If where you are now does not fit the description of heaven time to get up and do something
- Dont let your life be a reflection of negativity but let truth be your friend
- No matter what people say about, the image you carry about yourself is what matters
- You may not have grown up with your family but Gods family is there for you to be in