These are Scriptures For Grandparents And Old People. Although some versions have a reference to grandparents and grandchildren, others talk about children’s children or generational references. We know that grandchildren inhabit a special place in the hearts of grandparents. It is as if all the love is poured out upon the youngsters, leaving it up to the parents to do the discipline and day-to-day guidance. Grandparents are able to step back and enjoy. If you are looking for a scripture about grandparents, these verses offer a place to begin.
The Bible talks in many places about generational markers for good actions and following the principles laid out in scriptures. It also describes punishment which will follow misdeeds or a wrong course of action onto future generations. This implies that both grandparents and parents have a responsibility to children and grandchildren. To imagine that our misdeeds will cause those we love to suffer consequences is a powerful incentive to avoid wrong acts.
Grandparents role in a family is to provide an additional layer of protection for young children. The grandparents have the responsibility to care for the spiritual lives of their young grandchildren to train and keep them focused on Biblical principles. The Bible verses show us that we are all responsible for the smaller and weaker members of our families, including those which are related by blood and those which are part of the wider family of God.
The verses of the Bible tell us that children are to be taught to respect and venerate their elders. They are told that they have a responsibility to care for elders when they are unable to care for themselves, just as the children were cared for by the parents. Gray hairs are mentioned as a sign of wisdom and a reason for respect. Children who respect their elders are told that they will have a long life.
Grandparents provide stability in a family situation. Reaching back into past generations for a first-hand description of what day-to-day life was like for parents and grandparents. We are better able to understand the present when we understand how it was rooted in the past. Bible verses allow us to look at previous generations even further back than grandparents.
Scriptures For Grandparents And Old People
- And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free. John 8:32
- Evening, and morning, and at noon, will I pray, and cry aloud: and he shall hear my voice. Psalm 55:17
- I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith. 2 Timothy 4:7
Quotes For Grandparents And Old People
- Start believing today that things are going to change for the better. Your best days are still out in front of you. Joel Osteen
- Dream big dreams. Joel Osteen
- If you have the right attitude, you will give birth to more in the future than you’ve lost in the past.Joel Osteen
- When disappointment or rejections knocks you down, get back up and go again. Joel Osteen
- Don’t let other people talk you out of your dreams. Joel Osteen