There are a lot of Bible verses for encouragement. When every aspect of your life seems to be negative and nothing is going right for you, it can be tempting to give up or to blame God for your hard times. God has made provision for hard times as well as good times. All we have to do is to seek out His promises and meditate upon them. Here are some of the best Bible verses for encouragement when you need uplifting.
When you need encouragement for your own life troubles and trials, the verses available in Holy Scripture can offer exactly the help you need. It doesn’t matter what time of day or night the discouragement hits, the Bible verses are always available. The same message from God comes through no matter which language you speak or if you attend a formal place of worship regularly.
You may have a dear friend who suffers from periods of discouragement. Having Bible verses readily available to share with him or her will help both of you to feel more encouraged. A load or burden shared with another seems much lighter. So long as you trust God to keep His promises, you can rely on the many words and stories of encouragement which appear in the Bible passages. Stories about the lives of the great Bible characters provide a wealth of encouraging passages.
If you think of words of Scripture as communication directly from God to you, it is like a friend sharing words of encouragement. The verses in the Bible reflect every possible human emotion God has provided these passages to us so that we can know He recognizes our trials and tribulations and wants us to learn to depend upon His sure word. God communicates to us by providing us with Scriptural encouragement. We communicate with Him using every thought and action.
Using the words of the Bible and reflecting upon them allows us to do things which would not otherwise be possible. This is true in our spiritual life as well as our physical life. The positive emotions engendered by reading and meditating about the encouraging verses carry over into every other aspect of life.
Encouragement quotes from preachers around the world
- God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him, John Piper
- Faith does not eliminate questions. But faith knows where to take them. Elisabeth Elliot
- He said “Love…as I have loved you.” We cannot love too much. ― Amy Carmichael
- Always, everywhere God is present, and always He seeks to discover Himself to each one- A.W.Tozer
- The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.- Martin Luther King Jr.
- Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrows; it empties today of its strength. –Corrie Ten Boom
- Don’t pray when you feel like it. Have an appointment with the Lord and keep it. A man is powerful on his knees.~ Corrie Ten Boom
- The Christian life is not a constant high. I have my moments of deep discouragement. I have to go to God in prayer with tears in my eyes, and say, ‘O God, forgive me,’ or ‘Help me.’– Billy Graham
- Beware in your prayers, above everything else, of limiting God, not only by unbelief, but by fancying that you know what He can do. – Andrew Murray
- One act of obedience is better than one hundred sermons.– Dietrich Bonhoeffer
- Aim at heaven and you will get earth thrown in. Aim at earth and you get neither. –C.S. Lewis
- A life without a purpose is a languid, drifting thing. Every day we ought to renew our purpose, saying to ourselves: This day let us make a sound beginning, for what we have hitherto done is nought. Thomas A` Kempis
You can click on this link to read about 12 Bible Verses For Encouragement
Other Encouragement quotes By Christians