Easter Scripture References that can be found in the Bible. Most versions of the Bible do not contain the word “Easter”, but all versions talk about the crucifixion, death and resurrection of Jesus. His resurrection is an event that is has shaped the course of history in this world. The celebration of this event is typically part of the spring season of each year. Although Easter has been commercialized to a great extent, using these Easter Scripture references is helpful to remind us of the true meaning of God’s gift to us in the form of His Son.
Just as He rose from the tomb on the first day of the week, we can commemorate that resurrection by reading about His experiences and celebrating the gift of God that was provided to each and every person in the world. The celebration of Easter should be a joyous occasion. When we are aware of God’s great gift, we cannot help but be grateful and happy.
Easter or Resurrection day celebrations mark the beginning of the spiritual year for many Christians. It is a time to recognize once again all the blessings God pours out upon His children, beginning with His gift of His Son to pay the debt for sin. As Jesus did, we can rise from sin to walk in a new Christian life with Him.
Easter Scripture References that speak of the hope we have for eternal life because of the death of God’s Son on the cross are the verses to focus on during this season of the year. It is a time for new beginnings spiritually. We do not have to remain dead spiritually. We can claim God promises that He will renew us and give us a new life in Him.
The Bible says we must die to the sinful self. It also promises a resurrection for each believer. A new life in Christ is the basis of our personal resurrection experience. Whether we come to God as children or as adults, we can enjoy His promises of a new life. Looking at His resurrection assures us that God can provide us with a new life as well.
12 Easter Scripture References
- Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead… – 1 Peter 1:3
- The Christ will suffer and rise from the dead on the third day, and repentance and forgiveness of sins will be preached in his name. – Luke 24:46-47
- He was delivered up for our trespasses and raised for our justification. Romans 4:25
- We know that Christ, being raised from the dead, will never die again; death no longer has dominion over him. Romans 6:9
- And declared [to be] the Son of God with power, according to the spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead. Romans 1:4