When the Bible talks about strength, it can refer to several different kinds of this trait. The first thing that comes to mind is physical strength. The term can also indicate steadfastness in the face of mental or emotional adversity. It can also mean sticking with a course of action. These Bible verses about strength are examples of each of the types of strength and how to make sure we are strong in the ways that matter.
When we think about physical strength, the first Bible hero that comes to mind is Samson. He is rated as the strongest man who ever lived. His exploits as listed in the Scriptures are truly astounding. He fought the Philistines, the enemy of Israel with whatever weapons that were at hand, including the jawbone of an ass at one time. Another physically strong person in the Bible is David, the shepherd boy who became king of Israel. In protection of his flock, he managed to kill a lion and a bear.
Another type of Bible verses about strength is related to the steadfastness of holding onto God’s promises and maintaining trust in His words. When the times are hard, finding strength in God is the best solution. He has promised to give you the strength you need to overcome adversity of all types. We know that God not only gives us the strength we need to overcome, but He is our strength. We don’t have to fight the hard battles by ourselves, we just ask for Him to step in and accomplish what we are unable to do under our own strength.
The passive form of strength is steadfastness in holding to a position which you know is right and true. Sometimes, this type of strength may seem to be stubbornness to those around us. The old saying is to “be sure you’re right, then go ahead” can be revised to say “Be sure you’re right, then have the strength to continue doing it”. Don’t let the opinions of others sway you from doing what you know to be right. The Bible verses about strength will help you to determine the right path to follow. Below are A Few Bible Verses About Strength
A Few Bible Verses About Strength
- Go to the ant, thou sluggard; consider her ways, and be wise. Proverbs 6:6
- And he said, The things which are impossible with men are possible with God. Luke 18:27
- Be of good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the LORD. Psalms 31:24
- Be ye strong therefore, and let not your hands be weak: for your work shall be rewarded. 2 Chronicles 15:7
- Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him. Proverbs 30:5
- For thou art my rock and my fortress; therefore for thy name’s sake lead me, and guide me. Psalms 31:3
- At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you. John 14:20
Bible Quotes About Strength
- Release your problem to God with a prayer that the answer will come in its own good time and place. Hold the attitude of faith and expectancy, knowing that God has all the answers, that His knowledge is limitless and can never be exhausted. Wilferd A. Peterson
- God’s strength in your weakness is His presence in your life. Andy Stanley
- If you worry, you are a worrier because your mind is saturated with worry thoughts. To counteract these, mark every passage in your Bible that speaks of faith, hope, and courage. Norman Vincent Peale
- Don’t let circumstances distress you. Rather, look for the will of God for your life to be revealed in and through those circumstances. Billy Graham