A Selection of 12 Christian Bible Verses for you today. The study of what constitutes a Christian is a fascinating one. A Christian is one who displays the characteristics of Christ. God has described his characteristics in many ways through all of Scriptures. We can identify those elements as the description of the traits we should be displaying if we are to be recognized as followers of Christ. Some of these traits are called “fruits of the Spirit” and are ones we should all aspire to. Here are some Christian Bible verses to incorporate into our lives.
As Christians, we are recognized by one overriding trait. The Bible says that we will be known as Christians by our love for one another. Sometimes, we are not as loving or as lovable as we should be. Our lives should be a living example of the love and caring traits of Christ. Throughout the Bible, there are verses that talk about how much God loves us and how we should portray that same love for others in our circle of influence.
As Christians, we have a job to do. The Scriptures give clear instructions about the duties of a follower of Christ. We are to share His story with the whole world. This includes those in distant lands, as well as our next door neighbors. It doesn’t require a theology degree to share how God loves us so much He sent the Christ to be an example of His love.
In Bible times, names and their meaning had more importance than they do in today’s society. A person who had a life-changing event might change their name to reflect that experience. To be called Christian can have the same importance in our own lives. When we take on the name “Christian” it is evidence of a changed life and changed characteristics.
We can use these Bible verses as a guide to what our lives should reflect. We do not want to cause the name of Christ to be brought into disrepute because of our actions and our characteristics. Studying the references to the traits that Jesus displayed is a good starting point for the way we should conduct our affairs.
Here are A Selection of 12 Christian Bible Verses.
- Galatians 5:22-23 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law.
- 1 Chronicles 22:13 Then you will prosper if you are careful to observe the statutes and the rules that the LORD commanded Moses for Israel. Be strong and courageous. Fear not; do not be dismayed.
- Ezra 10:4 Arise, for it is your task, and we are with you; be strong and do it.
- Hebrews 10:23 Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for he who promised is faithful.
- Hebrews 12:3 Consider him who endured from sinners such hostility against himself, so that you may not grow weary or fainthearted
- 1 Peter 3:14 But even if you should suffer for righteousness’ sake, you will be blessed. Have no fear of them, nor be troubled,
- 1 Chronicles 16:11 Seek the LORD and his strength; seek his presence continually!
- 1 Thessalonians 5:14 And we urge you, brothers, admonish the idle, encourage the fainthearted, help the weak, be patient with them all.
- Romans 8:28 And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.
- Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.
- Romans 12:12 Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer.
- Galatians 6:9 And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.