I decided to write a post with a A Selection Of Bible Verses. Choosing favorite verses from the Bible is a task that never has to get old. There are hundreds of Bible verses that impart wisdom, comfort, encouragement and love. We can go to the scriptures to obtain guiding principles for our thoughts and actions. You may not know where to begin looking for favorite or helpful texts. One method is to use a search tool either on one of the Bible study sites, or your favorite search engine. You can begin by selecting a topic, such as “texts about love in the Bible”. You will find hundreds of references to choose from.
Using an online Bible study site is also an easy way to narrow down choices of Bible texts to just a few. Once you have picked a topic, write out one or two texts that are especially meaningful to you on an index card, or your smartphone. During the day, as you have a moment or two, work at committing the verse to memory. Read it, repeat it aloud and to yourself. You will be surprised at how quickly a verse can be memorized without a great deal of effort on your part.
When you have memorized the selected texts, review them periodically to help them stay in your long term memory. As you add new texts to your thoughts and memory, they can be brought to the forefront whenever you are in a situation where they are needed . God has promised that the words from Scriptures will be brought to mind when necessary.
We can depend on the words from Scriptures to meet our needs for every type of human experience. God has provided the principles for our behavior. When we spend time learning these words, we will have a better idea of the behavior He expects from us. The more time we spend in the Word, the more we will learn and understand of His character. As we read His word and learn more about Him, we will become more like Him.
The verses that you choose can be from a version of your preference. The King James Version is perhaps the best known for the majesty of its language, but it is not the only one which reads beautifully. Pick a version that you understand and appreciate for the effort you put into study and memorization. Here are A Selection Of Bible Verses
A Selection Of Bible Verses
- So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them. Genesis 1:27
- Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted. Isaiah 53:4
- That men may know that thou, whose name alone is JEHOVAH, art the most high over all the earth. Psalms 83:18
- The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork. Psalms 19:1
- Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ. Philippians 1:6
- Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved. Acts 16:31
- And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased. Matthew 3:17
- And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast. John 17:3
A Selection Of Bible Quotes from Preachers
- Too many people grow satisfied with far less than God’s best for their lives.
- Too many people don’t have the confidence and the self-esteem they should because they are constantly dwelling on negative thoughts about themselves.
- Throw your shoulders back, put a smile on your face, and be looking for opportunities to stretch onto the next level.
- God is never going to take back the potential he has put into you.
- Keep asking until you get the yes that you have been waiting to hear.
A Selection Of Bible Verses Video