A post about A Selection Of God’s Promises. We are blessed to have a readily available source to learn about God’s promises in our everyday lives. There are websites to read the Bible and see selections of His words. The Bible is a message to each of us, but there is a selection of promises which may apply to specific individuals in certain circumstances. We can look to the Scriptures to see a wide selection of God’s promises. Finding the promises which apply to our particular needs is part of what makes going to the Bible so beneficial.
The promises of God are always true and can be claimed by those in need of His providence. If a promises is made in the Bible, you can always know that He will do as He has promised. There are also many instances of God at work in our lives, whether we specifically ask for a blessing from Him or not. For example, He says that He provides sun and rain for both the just and the unjust. Another promise that we can rely on is that He will not again destroy the Earth by flood. Each time we see a rainbow, it is a reminder of that promise.
The desire of God is that each of us be healthy and prosperous. Those promises can be found in scriptures and can be claimed. He will meet our daily needs. God also wants us to be spiritually healthy and prosperous. He tells us that when we seek Him first, He will take care of our needs. We must allow Him to determine what we really need.
God has made other promises as well as those related to our health and financial needs. He promises comfort in our sorrow and grief, as well as happiness with Him. Because we can believe in every word that He has offered, we enjoy peace of mind in every activity of life. Our jobs, parenting, and social activities are all under His direction and control. We can also depend upon His promises that He has prepared a heavenly reward for each of His followers in the future. Below are A Selection Of God’s Promises for the believer.
A Selection Of God’s Promises
- Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live. John 11:25
- Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth. Mark 9:23
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. John 14:6
- Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord. Colossians 3:16
- Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need. Hebrews 4:16
- Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God. Hebrews 12:2
- Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost. Romans 15:13
- Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us. Ephesians 3:20
- Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust. 2 Peter 1:4
A Selection Of God’s Promises Quotes
- Salvation is an act of God. It is initiated by God, wrought by God, and sustained by God. Billy Graham
- Is it not arrogance or narrow-mindedness to claim that there is only one way of salvation or that the way we follow is the right way? I think not. After all, do we fault a pilot for being narrow-minded when he follows the instrument panel [while] landing in a rainstorm? No, we want him to remain narrowly focused! Billy Graham
- Salvation is always “good news.” It is news of God’s love and forgiveness—adoption into His family— fellowship with His people—freedom from the penalty of sin— liberation from the power of sin. Billy Graham
- Jesus made everything so simple and we have made it so complicated. He spoke to the people in short sentences and everyday words, illustrating His messages with never-to-be forgotten stories. Billy Graham