There are many phrases and terms from the Bible that have made their way into common usage in the English language. The King James Version of Scriptures, in particular is a rich source of Bible quotes. Many people do not realize that some of phraseology that we hear and use daily actually comes from words and phrases of both the Old and New Testament Scriptures. Some of these quote are used for teaching purposes, while other are comforting. Favorites are committed to memory by thousands of people over the years.
The Bible tells us that all Scripture is given by inspiration and is suitable for a number of purposes. However, some of the quotes are more suitable than others to be memorable. They are easy to bring to memory when one is searching for just the right phrase to use in conversation or in written documents.
Those who choose passages of great writing to memorize could do worse than to select passages from the majestic words of scriptures. These words also have the power to do many other things of benefit to the person who takes time to memorize them. The ability to bring up words that are of comfort in times of sorrow will make the sorrow less debilitating. We can use teaching quotes to educate children and ourselves.
Some quotes contain some exceptional promises that give us hope for the future. When God makes a promise and records it in His word, we know that we can depend on it. The quotes that we call into memory are reminders of the promises which He has made.
For every aspect of human emotions and experiences, the Scriptures offer words of instruction, comfort and acknowledgment. In many instances these words are in memorable form so that they are simple to bring to mind, especially if you take the time to memorize them and repeat them often. Quotes that uplift, encourage, comfort and help us to strive toward a better level are all found in the Bible. We can call on these quotes to become part of our very thinking. They will also help to shape our personality.
Here is A Selection Of Inspiring Bible Quotes
- For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God. Ephesians 2:8
- For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him.Colossians 1:16
- For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. John 3:17
- For I will pour water upon him that is thirsty, and floods upon the dry ground: I will pour my spirit upon thy seed, and my blessing upon thine offspring.Isaiah 44:3
- For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. Isaiah 55:8
- For the LORD God is a sun and shield: the LORD will give grace and glory: no good thing will he withhold from them that walk uprightly.Psalms 84:11
- For thou, LORD, wilt bless the righteous; with favour wilt thou compass him as with a shield. Psalms 5:12
- Consider the ravens: for they neither sow nor reap; which neither have storehouse nor barn; and God feedeth them: how much more are ye better than the fowls? Luke 12:24
Inspiring Bible Quotes
- See, when you drive home today, you’ve got a big windshield on the front of your car. And you’ve got a little bitty rearview mirror. And the reason the windshield is so large and the rearview mirror is so small is because what’s happened in your past is not near as important as what is in your future. Joel Osteen
- Don’t go into the New Year holding a grudge from last year. Leave the hurts and disappointments behind. Joel Osteen
- You have to come to your closed doors before you get to your open doors… What if you knew you had to go through 32 closed doors before you got to your open door? Well, then you’d come to closed door number eight and you’d think, ‘Great, I got another one out of the way’… Keep moving forward. Joel Osteen
- Nothing in life has happened to you. It’s happened for you. Every disappointment. Every wrong. Even every closed door has helped make you into who you are. Joel Osteen