The Bible on the whole is a love letter from God. The entire Bible can be viewed from the standpoint of a written expression of God’s love toward each of us. We can see evidence in the Bible verses about love toward God and toward our fellow man. We can also find abundant evidence for the fact that we are loved by God.
Some of the Bible verses are direct expressions of God’s love and others are more circuitous in expressing His care over us. He provides examples of behavior that falls short of His idea of perfection and then accompanies them with ways in which He still provided a safety net for disobedient humans. All we need to do is ask for His watch care over us.
Many of the psalms of David are songs about God’s love. He sings of the marvelous elements of creation which God has offered. David’s words of praise for God can be used in our own daily devotions as we seek words to fully express our love toward God. Gratitude for His benefits is one way to recognize that we are well-loved by God. We see the evidence of His love in the fulfillment, not only of our needs, but of our desires and wants. We are especially blessed when we allow Him to make the decisions about what is best for us.
He can see the end from the beginning for each life. He loves each one of us and seeks the best for each one. His words, as found in scriptures, are always true. He states His love over and over in direct words which resonate with our thinking and understanding. He also provides examples of His love in the lives of those Bible heroes and characters.
The Israelites as a group are a prime example of God’s love for each of us. Though they went their own way time after time, God still provided protection in the form of light by night and shade by day. He kept the manna coming for years of wandering and the people always had water for themselves and their flocks and herds. His actions were not dependent upon their obedience, but because He loved them.
Here are Amazing Bible Verses About Love
- Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God. 1 John 4:7
- And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ’s sake hath forgiven you.Ephesians 4:32
- And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might. Deuteronomy 6:5
- As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us. Psalms 103:12
- Because thy lovingkindness is better than life, my lips shall praise thee. Psalms 63:3
- And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works. Hebrews 10:24
- No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us. 1 John 4:12