Do you need Bible Verses For Grief? It is rare for humans to pass through a lifetime without experiencing grief of one kind or another. Profound grief can affect us physically as well as emotionally. While grief usually takes time, and cannot be ignored, there are Bible verses for grief which are intended to offer comfort when the emotions seem overwhelming. You can search these verses out for yourself or be grateful when a loving friend or family member offers them to you as a way to support and console.
Losing a loved one to death is a devastating blow to most people. These are dark times for human emotions. Loneliness and even anger at God are emotions that are typical, following a death. Human words of comfort are important, but so are the words which God offers to us through scriptures. He has experienced the loss of His Son and God grieves for each of His children who pass on.
While grief over the death of a loved one is a life-changing emotion, there are some other experiences in life that may be almost as overwhelming. One of these is divorce. If you are mourning the breakup of your marriage, the comfort of scriptures is always available. God will never leave you or forsake you and His love lasts forever. He always wants what is best for each of His children.
Any life event that is a major loss for us can create feelings of grief. While not at the level of a death in family, it can cause profound grief. For example, losing a job can cause sadness. We wonder how we will be able to get by financially. We miss the challenge of doing something we love. Again, the Bible gives comfort and provides reminders that God cares about our temporal needs, as well as our spiritual and emotional ones.
The Bible verses remind us that no matter how sad we are because of losses and failures in our lifetime, there is hope for a better life in the future. God promises to wipe away our tears. He promises that grieving and sorrow is temporary and that we can look forward to joy in the morning.
Bible Verses For Grief
- Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Matthew 11:28
- For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways. Psalms 91:11
- For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.Romans 8:38
- For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latterday upon the earth:Job 19:25
- For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.Jeremiah 29:11
- Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest. Joshua 1:9
- To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven: A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;Ecclesiastes 3:1
Bible Quotes For Grief from Preachers
“Grace doesn’t run from trouble- in fact it looks for trouble as a backdrop so that you can see how strong it is. Bishop T. D Jakes
“Prayer will get you out of a pinch, prayer will get you out of a crises, prayer will get you out of your dilemma, prayer will get you out of your trouble.” Bishop T. D Jakes
“There is a higher power, a higher influence, a God who rules and reigns and controls circumstances and situations that are beyond your area and realm of authority.”Bishop T. D Jakes