Lets read Bible Verses On Stress. Stress is a part of life for most adults and even many children in today’s world. The stress comes about through work, study, relationships or health issues. It is not so much the issues themselves as it is how we react to them. The inability to come down from a high level of stress is harmful to health, both physical and emotional. These Bible verses on stress are helpful when we are trying to put tense times and events at a manageable level in our lives.
The physical effects of stress can be very damaging to humans. When we are faced with stress, our bodies go into a fight or flight mode. The adrenaline is released into the body and the heart rate speeds up. For a short while, this is beneficial. When it continues over a lengthy time, it puts extra strain on the heart and other systems in the body. Rather than to allow ourselves to be in a condition which is so difficult on the body, we need to take the steps to calm and restore the systems to a more sedate rate.
Focusing on the words of the Bible about peace and trust is one way to relieve stress. There are many words about how to relax and enjoy the care of God in our lives. They are found in various texts throughout the entire Bible. We are counseled to take no thought about the needs of daily life, for God has them under control. He will provide for all of the things we need, if we will only ask.
When we are placing our requirements, worries and concerns before God on a daily basis, He will listen and will comfort us. He knows better than we do what our true needs are. He has provided for the necessities of life. Accepting that He is in control and wants only what is best for us will remove much of the stress of any life situations. When we truly understand that He can take care of our most troublesome issues, they are reduced in importance, thus relieving the sense of stress. Here are 12 Bible Verses On Stress
Bible Verses On Stress
- Hebrews 12:1 – Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset [us], and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,
- Job 30:27 – My bowels boiled, and rested not: the days of affliction prevented me.
- Psalms 103:1 Bless the LORD, O my soul: and all that is within me, [bless] his holy name.
- Job 2:10 – But he said unto her, Thou speakest as one of the foolish women speaketh. What? shall we receive good at the hand of God, and shall we not receive evil? In all this did not Job sin with his lips.
- 1 John 4:18 – There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.
- Genesis 1:27 – So God created man in his [own] image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
Bible Quotes About Stress
- For if you forgive people their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. Matthew 6:14
- No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us. 1 John 4:12
- The Lord is gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and rich in love. Psalms 145:8
- I have come into the world as a light, so that no one who believes in me should stay in darkness. John 12:46
Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Matthew 11:28
- Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, ‘Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you. Hebrews 13:5
- So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or, ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. Matthew 6:31, 32