Both physical strength and spiritual strength are discussed in the Bible. Each of them is a gift from God. Not everyone enjoys physical strength, but each one of us can claim spiritual strength, thanks to the promises of God as expressed in the Bible. Reading the Bible verses for strength tells us how we can gain the resources that we need to pass through the difficult times of life.
We need to be strong physically, but we also need the strength that comes from our confidence in the care of the Father. He takes care of every need that we can imagine. The words of Scripture also promise an extra measure of strength in the more stressful times of our lives. This strength is not our own, it comes directly from God as we have need for it.
The strength that comes from God is intended to be for good, rather than from evil. It is based on understanding and practicing His will for our lives. In order to know His will, it is necessary to be in communication with Him at all times. This relationship comes from spending time with Him in prayer and by reading the words of Scripture.
God doesn’t promise to supply things we don’t need. He does, however, promise that when we have need of His strength, we just need to ask Him to provide it. Claiming the promises of the Bible for all of our requirements, whether spiritual or temporal never fails to get a response from God. We can always be sure that He will keep His promises.
The assurance that we have for strength is based on what He has promised to others who need His strength for the adversities of our daily life. He wants us to be confident in Him, regardless of the environment or situation in which we find ourselves. In the words of the Bible, He provides ample reassurance that He will do what He has promised. He has provided needed strength for the Bible personalities, as shown in the best known stories from Scripture, and He will always provide it for us, as well. Here are 12 Bible Verses for Strength
Bible Verses for Strength
- Isaiah 54:17 No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is of me, saith the LORD.
- John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
- Nahum 1:7 The Lord is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble; and He knoweth them that trust in Him.
- Philippians 1:6 Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:
- Jeremiah 33:3 “Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and shew thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not.”
- Psalm 37:4 Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.
- Philippians 4:4-8 “Rejoice in the Lord always: and again I say, Rejoice. Let your moderation be known unto all men. The Lord is at hand.
- Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
Bible Quotes for Strength
- We shall steer safely through every storm, so long as our heart is right, our intention fervent, our courage steadfast, and our trust fixed on God. St. Francis De Sales
- What a friend we have in Jesus, all our sins and griefs to bear. What a privilege to carry everything to God in prayer. Joseph Scriven
- Without ‘the Way’ there is no going; without ‘the Truth’ there is no knowing; without ‘the Life’ there is no living. Thomas A Kempis
- In the struggle against evil, there is no shame in defeat — only in not fighting.Steven Hart
- Be not angry that you cannot make others as you wish them to be, since you cannot make yourself as you wish to be.Thomas a Kempi
- I can see how it might be possible for a man to look down upon the earth and be an atheist, but I cannot conceive how he could look up into the heavens and say there is no God. Abraham Lincoln