The Christmas season is filled with hope. It is a time to remember the birth of Jesus in a manger in Bethlehem so long ago. It is also a time to come together with friends and family and reflect on the past year, give gifts, and exchange cards. The best Christmas card Bible verses reflect these emotions and the atmosphere of the season. Verses can be taken from both the Old and New Testament. In fact, the Old Testament prophet Micah prophesied that Jesus would be born in Bethlehem more than 400 years before it actually happened. Micah 5:2 is a favorite Christmas card Bible verse. It speaks about the expectation for salvation that the Savior would provide. It is also quoted in Matthew 2:6.
Other Christmas cards like to display pictures of Mary, Joseph, and the baby in a manger scene. These might include Christmas card Bible verses from Jesus’ birth account in Matthew 1 or the detailed description in Luke 2. When Jesus was born angels appeared to Shepherds out in the fields who then went to see the child who was born King of the Jews. The song that they sang also makes an excellent Christmas card Bible verse coupled with pictures of Angels singing.
Christians enjoy Christmas but they also know the purpose of Jesus’ first coming was to restore man to his original value and to redeemed man as well as to make the payment for sin and to open the way for all people to be saved. The prophecies surrounding Jesus’ first advent should remind us that God keeps his promises. The same Jesus who came as a humble baby on that first Christmas morning will return one day as a conquering king, powerful and victorious.
In addition to that we should remember that Jesus was not born on the 25th of December. This day was just chosen to replace a pagan festival that used to take place. I usually tell people that instead fighting against this day, we should join and spread the correct message of Christ. It is not about Santa Clause, Christmas is about Christ. It is not coca cola advertisement or any other thing. The Christmas story is a powerful one because our saviour Jesus Christ was born. It was the start of the redemption of God for all humanity. When we give gifts to our kids, we should tell them it is from Jesus and not for Santa.
Christmas Card Bible Verses
- I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty. Revelation 1:81
- For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first. Thessalonians 4:16
- For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me. John 6:38
- For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord. Luke 2:11
- For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost. Luke 19:10