Peace scriptures for today. Peace is more than the absence of war. Believers can have peace in their hearts in the midst of turmoil all around. The Bible offers comfort during these times, thanks to the knowledge that God is in control. There is no earthly situation that can occur without His knowledge. He is omniscient and omnipresent. He has given us peace scriptures to grasp onto so that we can be assured of His control and care.
The peace which the Bible speaks of is in many ways an awareness of God’s presence. In every life, there are times that are far from peaceful. These times of strife and turmoil may be external or internal. The way we react to them will be dependent upon our relationship with God and our trust in His power. If God says something in His word, we can depend upon the truthfulness of the statement, since He cannot lie.
We do have a role to play in obtaining the peace which God has promised. Our part in the activities is to ask. He has assured us through the Bible that if we ask, He will provide for our needs. This includes both emotional and physical needs. Whatever is going on around us will become less important than reaching out and grasping the promises from Scriptures that are available in many places.
The words themselves are not magical, it is the time spent in the presence of God that bring a peaceful set of mind. He can calm the stressed emotions and bring a renewed sense of peace to the most concerned and worried person who will take the time to ask Him. A thoughtful and calm review of the texts that refer to peace are a way of settling the racing thoughts and slowing the adrenaline rush.
When the mind is calm and focused on the love and care of God, there is little room for the other emotions. We can carry this sense of peace with us as we leave the session with God and go about the activities of daily life. Even though we may leave the place of prayer, God never leaves us to struggle alone. Here are amazing Peace Scriptures.
- Philippians 4:4-8 “Rejoice in the Lord always: and again I say, Rejoice. Let your moderation be known unto all men. The Lord is at hand. Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
- Job 27:6 My righteousness I hold fast, and will not let it go: my heart shall not reproach me so long as I live.
- Isaiah 55:11 So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.
- Isaiah 54:17 No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is of me, saith the LORD.
- John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
- 1 Peter 1:3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead.
12 Inspiring Peace Quotes
- Remember, your worth is founded in Jesus Christ. Warren Wiersbe
- Never let us be guilty of sacrificing any portion of truth on the altar of peace. J.C. Ryle
- The way to preserve the peace of the church is to preserve its purity. Matthew Henry
- I can see how it might be possible for a man to look down upon the earth and be an atheist, but I cannot conceive how he could look up into the heavens and say there is no God. Abraham Lincoln
- I love to think of nature as an unlimited ‘broadcasting station’, through which God speaks to us every hour, if we will only tune in. George Washington Carver
- If God is your partner, make your plans big. D.L. Moody