Short Bible Quotes. The language of the Bible has varied over the years as new translations and versions are created and published. For the most commonly known quotes though, the King James Version is the one most remembered and recognized. The richness of the language has made its way into everyday vernacular, even the the language is considered archaic by modern standards. The Bible has something to say on so many subjects that you can find short Bible quotes to fit the type of occasion or need.
Bible verses are found as a motto to live by. Phrases that encapsulate advice for living in a few words have been part of the vocabulary in English since the earliest translations. They are short and sometimes pithy. They emphasize concepts that are positive and uplifting, or that are about avoiding negative behaviors and thoughts. If you are choosing to look at these quotations when you only have a few minutes to spare, brevity is important.
Looking for brief Bible verses to lift your spirits when things are not going according to your hopes. Short verses are easier to remember and to call to mind when you need something to say. The familiarity of the verses doesn’t detract from their ability to encourage and comfort. In fact, the benefit comes in part because the words are part of general vocabulary.
The inspiration that comes from a short statement from the Bible can get you started on a more positive pathway. Seeing the verses as an inspirational message will help you to move toward your long term goal. When your thoughts are focused on positive images and words, you will be more likely to have a positive outlook on the day to day experiences of life.
We can use the short quotes to offer life instruction advice to children or others who are in need of something to hold onto. When you need a quick response for a life question from someone you care about, it is never wrong to use the words from Scripture. Turning to the Bible with an open mind and heart makes it easy to think about the short statements of hope and instruction. Here are incredible Short Bible Quotes for today.
Short Bible Quotes
- Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life? Matthew 6:27
- The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom, and knowledge of the Holy One is understanding.Proverbs 9:10
- A simple man believes anything, but a prudent man gives thought to his steps. Proverbs 14:15
- A fool finds no pleasure in understanding but delights in airing his own opinions.Proverbs 18:2
- Wealth brings many friends, but a poor man’s friend deserts him. Proverbs 19:4
Famous Short Bible Quotes
- Christianity at any given time is strong or weak depending upon her concept of God. A. W.Tozer
- This the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.” Psalm 118:24
- His compassions never fail. They are new every morning.” Lamentations 3:22-23
- Your words are trustworthy, and you have promised these good things. 2 Samuel 7:28
- The Lord you God will be with you wherever you go. Joshua 1:9
- Every good and perfect gift is from above. James 1:17
- Be still, and know that I am God.” Psalm 46:10