Humans in many countries today long for peace. Here are 12 Bible verses about peace. During most periods in history, there has been warfare or strife in one or more countries around the world. Whether you live in an area that is subject to artillery fire and other weapons of war, or whether you only hear about the human suffering from news reports, it is hard to imagine a world without war. Yet, God has promised that you can enjoy peace in your heart if you will only trust in Him. Here are a few Bible verses about peace to reflect upon.
Circumstances in which you are living may not seem very peaceful. Even if your country is not actively at war with another country, the constant barrage of news reposts and pictures is not conducive to a peaceful state of mind. Internal strife among various factions is not limited to other countries either. Politics and differences in religious viewpoint seem to be found in every part of the world.
There may be aspects of your personal life that are challenging your ability to be at peace with your family, friends and neighbors. You might face emotional turmoil that builds stress and frustration. These emotions are polar opposites from the feeling of peace. The emotions churning around in your mind can interfere with your sleep and can even affect your physical health.
Jesus indicated that belief in Him was not immediate peace in the physical sense. Believers can achieve peace in their minds and hearts when they accept the words of Scripture which point toward God and His watch care over us. At the same time, He promised that the long term effects of becoming part of the body of believers was and is peace of mind.
With these Bible verses about peace, there is no need to worry and fret about tomorrow, when God has every aspect of human life under His care. The bible verses references about peace will encourage, uplift and soothe troubled minds and hearts. When you enjoy an environment of peace around you, others will sense your calmness and be drawn to it as well. Demonstrating the peace of God to others is a loving witness and encouragement to friends and acquaintances.
12 Bible Verses About Peace
- Matthew 5:9 – Blessed [are] the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.
- Philippians 4:7 – And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
- 2 Thessalonians 3:16 – Now the Lord of peace himself give you peace always by all means. The Lord [be] with you all.
- John 14:27 – Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.
- 1 Peter 3:11 – Let him eschew evil, and do good; let him seek peace, and ensue it.
- Philippians 4:6 – Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.
- 1 Peter 5:7 – Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.
- Romans 12:18 – If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men.
- Isaiah 26:3 – Thou wilt keep [him] in perfect peace, [whose] mind [is] stayed [on thee]: because he trusteth in thee.
Encouragement quotes About Peace
- If you’ve been full of error and defeat, be done with it. Say, “By God’s grace, I’m done with it,” and take charge of yourself like never before. Norman Vincent Peale
- Tough memories are tough, period. But to share them and to talk about God’s blessings during them is fulfilling the Shema of God. Rev. David Weyrick
- Working the soil has been compared to God working in our hearts. God has to pull out the weeds in our life so that the His fruit can grow.Denise Lorenz
- When you are doing God’s will everything seems to happen without much effort or many obstacles. Mary C. Neal
- We need to ask the Holy Spirit for wisdom and discernment when facing a situation, and remember the words we speak will be planted in the hearts of the people you speak them to. Brian Steenhoek
- No jackpot, lottery, or winnings will ever compare to what we can have in a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Instead of dying to be rich, we should be thankful our riches are found in Christ. Brian Steenhoek
- God has not only created each of us as distinct individuals, He also uses us in significant ways. Charles R. Swindoll