God recognizes that in an imperfect world, there will always be things in our lives that lead to feelings of stress and even anxiety. As with all human emotions, God provides answers to all the problems that beset our human natures. It is said that some stress in your life is good, but it is also true that unrelenting stress of the wrong kind can be harmful to your physical well-being. Here are some helpful Bible verses about stress and how to overcome it.
There can be physical stresses such as illnes which flow over into the emotional and mental well-being. There may be stress associated with job pressures, or that of a busy household and too little time to accomplish all the tasks that needed in daily life. Another common causative factor is financial worries. There are few households that would say there is enough income to needs to operate. Not getting enough sleep is both the cause and effect of stress.
The Lord speaks through His word to tell us not to worry. He says that worrying won’t change the outcome. That in itself is enough reason not to spend time worrying about things that are going on in your life. Instead of lying awake at night worrying about the daily stresses in your life, open your Bible to a comforting passage and meditate upon those words.
The opposite of stress is peace. God’s word gives many examples of how to attain peace and how to avoid the negative kind of stress in your life. A God-centered life is the best way to eliminate the bad effects of stress on your body.
You can claim the benefits of God’s promises to fill your needs. Since all of His promises are true, reminding yourself of what He provides periodically should help to reduce the stress levels in your life. If there are financial worries, God wants you to prosper. If you have health concerns, He spoke of healing. When you don’t have enough hours in the day, you will find spending time with Him allows you to be more productive in the rest of your day. Hope you enjoy these Bible verses about stress and other quotes in this post.
12 Bible Verses About Stress: Stress Bible Quotes
- Philippians 4:6 – Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.
- John 14:27 – Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.
- Romans 8:31 – What shall we then say to these things? If God [be] for us, who [can be] against us?
- Romans 8:28 – And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to [his] purpose.
- Luke 6:48 – He is like a man which built an house, and digged deep, and laid the foundation on a rock: and when the flood arose, the stream beat vehemently upon that house, and could not shake it: for it was founded upon a rock.
- Matthew 12:20 – A bruised reed shall he not break, and smoking flax shall he not quench, till he send forth judgment unto victory.
- Matthew 6:33 – But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
- Psalms 55:22 – Cast thy burden upon the LORD, and he shall sustain thee: he shall never suffer the righteous to be moved.
Inspirational Quotes about Stress