In life, not everything goes smoothly. Here are 12 Bible Verses For Hard Times. The hard times that are experienced by many people are publicized at some level, depending upon their position and circle of acquaintances. Hard times may be internal or external. What is perceived as hard times by one person may be relatively good times for another individual. If you are experiencing difficult experiences in your life, these Bible verses for hard times will be comforting and uplifting.
Hard times may occur to an individual. When there is a divorce and a breakdown of the family home, one or both parties usually have some difficult periods in adjusting or recovering. The hard times may be financial or emotional. Often, both aspects are present. A family that loses a home due to a natural disaster is likely to enter a period of hard times. Again, there are both emotional and financial aspects of the situation. The Bible has comfort and encouragement for all aspects of life.
The hard times may be to an entire group. Earthquakes and storms affecting many people can create a need for Biblical support. While preaching at a group of people experiencing a natural disaster may not be seen as helpful, the principles of Bible texts to be compassionate and caring toward others translate into action that is helpful. Believers who band together to show Christianity in action are the best recommendation for religion.
Financial issues are often a cause for hard times. Loss of a job or unexpected expenses due to an emergency in the family, or a change in circumstances can create feelings of stress and even despair. Going to the Bible for comfort and guidance is a sure plan for help and improvement of the situation. Many texts are positive and uplifting. Some of the Bible authors describe their own hard times, before providing the comfort that God has promised.
Another type of difficult life experience occurs when there is ill health, especially of a chronic nature. Poor health affects the individual, and the family members that surround them. Looking to the Bible for encouragement and comfort may be all that can be done in some instances. God will speak to those who seek Him through the pages of the Bible. Stay blessed as you read 12 Bible Verses For Hard Times.
12 Bible Verses For Hard Times
- Isaiah 53:5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.
- 1 Corinthians 15:58 Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord.
- Matthew 6:9-13 Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen. (The Lord’s Prayer)
- Isaiah 43:1-3 Fear not: for I have redeemed thee, I have called thee by thy name; thou art mine. When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee. For I am the LORD thy God.
- Isaiah 30:21 And thine ears shall hear a word behind thee, saying, This is the way, walk ye in it, when ye turn to the right hand, and when ye turn to the left.
- Romans 5:3 – 5 And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience; And patience, experience; and experience, hope; And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.
- Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
- Philippians 4:6 -7 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
Inspirational Quotes For Hard Times
- Love begins by taking care of the closest ones – the ones at home. Mother Teresa
- If you can’t feed a hundred people, then feed just one. Mother Teresa
- We ourselves feel that what we are doing is just a drop in the ocean. But the ocean would be less because of that missing drop. Mother Teresa
- We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do. Mother Teresa
- The hunger for love is much more difficult to remove than the hunger for bread. Mother Teresa
- If you want a love message to be heard, it has got to be sent out. To keep a lamp burning, we have to keep putting oil in it. Mother Teresa