Throughout the Bible, there are whole passages or verses which speak about love. The Scriptures demonstrate love in action, as well as defining what it is. We know that the Bible says God IS love and that we will demonstrate our relationship with Him by the way we treat others. The Christians are to be known because they love one another. When we are told to love, it is not something that we force, it is an outgrowth of our relationship with God. Reading the 8 Bible verses about love is a great way to ensure that this important characteristic is fully embraced in our lives.
Bible verses about love tell us that those who are called Christians will always demonstrate this trait to others whether they are fellow believers or not. The defining character trait of God is His love. He loves each one of us so much that He was willing to take on human form and to die in order to pay the penalty for sin. We cannot begin to understand the depths of such love and the extent to which God was willing to go in order to ensure that we would be redeemed from sin.
There are no better examples of love than that which was shown by God and the death of Jesus. It is unfortunate that we can barely grasp the importance of the characteristic. We would do well to spend time daily attempting to understand God’s love and to incorporate it into our dealings and relationships with others. We are to love those who love us back. We are also directed to love our enemies. This is even harder for our human natures to do.
Reading and meditating upon Bible verses about love is a starting point for developing the kind of personality which can love those who are ugly and hateful and angry. After all, God loves those who are trying to do right, but He also loves those who hate Him and those who hate anyone who acknowledges Him. Examples of love are found in both the New and Old Testaments. We should be as anxious to demonstrate our love for others as Jesus was. Here are 8 Bible Verses About Love
8 Bible Verses About Love
- If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 1 John 1:9
- In my Father’s house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you.I go to prepare a place for you.John 14:2
- Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. Matthew 22:37
- Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. Hebrews 13:5
- No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon. Matthew 6:24
- There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love. 1 John 4:18
- I have shewed you all things, how that so labouring ye ought to support the weak, and to remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how he said, It is more blessed to give than to receive. Acts 20:35
- Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:39
Bible Quotes About Love
- The world is not a play-ground; it is a school-room. Life is not a holiday, but an education. And the one eternal lesson for us all is how better we can love. Henry Drummond
- What does love look like? It has the hands to help others. It has the feet to hasten to the poor and needy. It has eyes to see misery and want. It has the ears to hear the sighs and sorrows of men. That is what love looks like. Augustine
- Faith makes all things possible… love makes all things easy. D.L Moody
- The world does not understand theology or dogma, but it understands love and sympathy.D.L Moody
- Everything God does is love even when we do not understand Him – Basilea Schlink