The Bible has much to say about babies, infants and children. Babies are a joy to those parents who have planned for and prepared for the new arrival. The love between parent and child is likened in the Scriptures to that expressed by God to His children. God cares for each of us in the same way that a loving parent cares for all the physical and emotional needs of the baby. Just as parents want to see their babies grow up to be loving, attractive and productive adults, so God wants us to achieve the same role as His children. Here are some Bible verses about babies that describe the love parents have for their children.
A new baby is the pride and joy of a parent. In the infant so dependent upon the parent’s care and sustenance, God-fearing parents can better recognize the care that God provides for each of His children. He has promised to take care of our temporal needs, as well as our spiritual and emotional needs. Parents who look at these scriptures about babies can see the likeness to the image of God as a heavenly Father.
Babies and children have first place in God’s eyes. He recognizes their frailty and the need for His protection and He offers it freely and fully. The first lisping prayer of a little one receives recognition from God. He hears and answers those prayers. Encouraging parents in their own faith in God’s promises is the result of seeing the faith of their children.
We are told through Bible verses that we need to exhibit the same childlike faith as that shown by children in our connection with God. To be able to wholly trust in His promises is the key to that faith. By His very nature, God cannot lie, so His promises can be believed fully, in the same way that a little child believes what he is told by those he trusts. Meditating upon the verses about babies or passing them on to new parents is a way of incorporating the love of God for us into our very nature.
Here are Bible Verses About Babies
- Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you. John 15:16
- And, ye fathers, provoke not your children to wrath: but bring them up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord. Ephesians 6:4
- As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby. 1 Peter 2:2
- Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations. Jeremiah 1:5
- When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.1 Corinthians 13:11
Quotes To Empower Your Babies
- God wants you to become all that he created you to be. Joel Osteen
- God would not put the dream in your heart if He had not already given you everything you need to fulfill it. Joel Osteen
- I know God does not make mistakes. Joel Osteen