This post consist of a few Bible verses about friendship. What is friendship? It is defined as a mutual endearment between two or more people. Friends keep us company and help us when we are in need. It would be impossible to live in this harsh world without any friends. You might be going through a tough moment in your marriage, or you might need companionship to a vacation. For you to do all these activities, you need to have to have a support system. That is where friendship comes in. No one in this world is an island. We all need each other to survive. There are so many scriptures on friendship in the Bible that will strengthen your bond between those who are close to you. Read them and you will be encouraged.
The Lord tells us that two are better than one. This is one of the most important scriptures on friendship. If you fall, your acquaintance should be there to lift you up. He tells us to be there for one another through the good and the bad. One might be easy to put down but not two or more.
You should also encourage one another as friends. Life is never a smooth ride and the devil often tries to challenge us, to put us down but with a support system in the form of pals we will always stand tall. Stand with each other. Always set time to pray together and read the Bible together so that God will bless you and be with you all through.
You should choose your friends wisely. It is said that your friends define your character. Stay with people who have good morals. Just like the way Jesus walked with the 12 disciples who were of high moral values, choose friends who are of worthy ethics. A toxic friendship will negatively impact your life. The ultimate thing here is to walk in love towards those who may not even have the same standard that we have. We can see in the Bible that Jesus was with sinners and sinners were attracted to Him. When they came to Him, they received their salvation. The goodness of God brings people to repentance.
You might have big financial plans or goals in your life. Consult your friends whenever you need any advice. Your ambitions are bound to fail if you choose to go it alone. So, please refer to those who are close to you and pray to God so that He can help you make the best judgement on any plan that you may have. Listen to advice but the ultimate decision lies on your shoulder. At no point in your life should you blame anyone for where you are now. We are the ones responsible.
These Bible verses about friendship will assist you in strengthening the bond you have with your pals. Read them, and always remember to pray for your friends.
10 Bible Verses About Friendship
- A man that hath friends must shew himself friendly: and there is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother. Proverbs 18:24
- Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. John 15:13
- Let brotherly love continue. Do not neglect to show hospitality to strangers, for thereby some have entertained angels unawares. Hebrews 13:1-2
- A friend is always loyal, and a brother is born to help in time of need. Proverbs 17:17
- Many will say they are loyal friends, but who can find one who is truly reliable? Proverbs 20:6
- Don’t befriend angry people or associate with hot-tempered people, or you will learn to be like them and endanger your soul. Proverbs 22:24–25
- An open rebuke is better than hidden love! Wounds from a sincere friend are better than many kisses from an enemy. Proverbs 27:5-6
- There is no greater love than to lay down one’s life for one’s friends. You are my friends if you do what I command. I no longer call you slaves, because a master doesn’t confide in his slaves. Now you are my friends, since I have told you everything the Father told me
- The heartfelt counsel of a friend is as sweet as perfume and incense. Proverbs 27:9
- A troublemaker plants seeds of strife; gossip separates the best of friends. Proverbs 16:28