Graduation is a recognition that some phase of life or activity has been completed satisfactorily. Here are 12 bible verses for graduation. It also is a promise of a new beginning, at a higher level. It is most often thought of in connection with graduation from high school, academy, or college. The ceremonies are fairly standard. They involve caps and gowns, a formal presentation of the certificate of completion or diploma and, of course, the speeches and congratulatory celebrations. Bible verses for graduation can celebrate the finishing of a course and the promise of new activities, phases of life and challenges for the future.
Choosing appropriate bible verses for graduation to share with those young people who have finished a course of study is a way to celebrate their achievements and to point them toward the bright future that is available to each one. Graduation is a time to reflect on the path previously traveled, as well as to look toward the future. Each graduate should be assured that they have finished the previous stage of life’s journey to the best of their ability. The enjoyment of graduation ceremonies will be greater when the student is able to assert confidently that he or she has done the work that was set out for them.
Graduation is a time to recognize those elements of previous achievement which should be carried into the future, and those which should be laid aside as inconsequential or even harmful to further growth– mentally and spiritually. For most students, graduation means taking on more mature roles and more responsibility for one’s own actions and behavior. Only those positive elements should be part of the maturing process.
Continuing to employ positive character traits and learning opportunities in the future will help the graduate build on the solid base that has been laid through earlier scholastic efforts. A recognition that God gives the power to accrue knowledge and that God provides wisdom should be part of the understanding which every graduate carries into higher education or into the workplace.
Above all, graduation is a celebration and should be an opportunity for the graduate to receive congratulations for work well done. The parents and friends who had a role in supporting and encouraging the graduate can also take time to enjoy the sense of achievement. Enjoy these Bible Verses for Graduation
12 Bible Verses for Graduation
- 1 Timothy 4:12 – Let no man despise thy youth; but be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity.
- Matthew 28:20 – Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, [even] unto the end of the world. Amen.
- 2 Timothy 2:15 – Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
- Jeremiah 29:11 – For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.
- Isaiah 43:2 – When thou passest through the waters, I [will be] with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee.
- Joshua 1:9 – Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God [is] with thee whithersoever thou goest.
- Deuteronomy 31:6 – Be strong and of a good courage, fear not, nor be afraid of them: for the LORD thy God, he [it is] that doth go with thee; he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee.
- 2 Corinthians 9:8 – And God [is] able to make all grace abound toward you; that ye, always having all sufficiency in all [things], may abound to every good work
Inspirational Graduation Quotes
- The greatest thing a man can do for his Heavenly Father is to be kind to some of His other children. Henry Drummond
- We sometimes fear to bring our troubles to God, because they must seem so small to Him who sitteth on the circle of the earth. But if they are large enough to vex and endanger our welfare, they are large enough to touch His heart of love. Reuben Archer Torrey
- I find the doing of the will of God leaves me no time for disputing about His plans. George Macdonald
- Whatever subject I preach, I do not stop until I reach the Savior, the Lord Jesus, for in Him are all things. Charles H. Spurgeon
- No man has a good enough memory to be a successful liar. Abraham Lincoln
- The art of humility begins with a recognition of our dependence on others and an appreciation of God’s gift of life. Wilferd A. Peterson
- If I have ever made any valuable discoveries, it has been owing more to patient attention, than to any other talent. Sir Isaac Newton