Throughout the Bible, there are many Inspirational Bible Verse About Family. The family is spoken of as a group. The patriarchs of old relied on family for comfort, support and love. Each person had a place in the family group. As the father of the household believed and acted, his family members usually followed suit. The same is true of believers today. We are part of the family of God. Jesus is our Elder Brother, the Son of God. When you need a Bible verse about family, here are some that will help you recognize your place in God’s family.
There are also Bible verses that are more specific to individual members of the family. The fathers are given instructions about how to behave toward their children. They are also told the importance of training the members of the household in right behavior. There are even a few examples of what parents should NOT do when it comes to raising children.
Mothers are not ignored among the examples given in the Bible. Those who trained their children well and understood the importance of directing the little ones toward God raised powerful men and women, also had their lives directed toward Him.
Family relationships among the children of Israel were very strictly regulated. The social hierarchy allowed millions of people to live in close proximity and yet not squabble among themselves. These rules were very specific in the books of Exodus and Leviticus. You may wonder why these verses were included. It can be an encouragement to reflect on how well God provided for the finest details of daily life and familial relationships.
Children are the subject of many Bible verses about family. They are encouraged to honor and respect their parents. They are expected to follow the rules of the household. Jesus indicated that children had a special place in His heart. Their angels are given priority before the throne of God.
Jesus understood that His heavenly Father was the one who is available to direct all one’s actions. He said the every aspect of life was under the control of the Father. On the cross, He cried out to His father. He also make arrangements for the care of His mother. Here are 12 Inspirational Bible Verse About Family
Inspirational Bible Verse About Family
- Colossians 3:19 – Husbands, love [your] wives, and be not bitter against them.
- 1 Corinthians 11:3 – But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman [is] the man; and the head of Christ [is] God.
- Genesis 2:23 – And Adam said, This [is] now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.
- Ephesians 5:25 – Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it
- Proverbs 15:17 – Better [is] a dinner of herbs where love is, than a stalled ox and hatred therewith.
- 1 Corinthians 7:10 – And unto the married I command, [yet] not I, but the Lord, Let not the wife depart from [her] husband:
- 1 Timothy 3:2 – A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach;
Family Bible Verses
Inspirational Quotes About Family
- Encouragement is awesome. It can actually change the course of another person’s day, week, or life.”Chuck Swindoll
- Few things are impossible to diligence and skill. Great works are performed, not by strength, but perseverance. Samuel Johnson
- When boiled down to its essence, unforgiveness is hatred. John R. Rice
- And Satan trembles when he sees, The weakest saint upon his knees. William Cowper
- If lips and life do not agree, the testimony will not amount to much. D. A.