Short Inspirational Bible Quotes makes our life go round. Many things serve as inspiration in this world. A beautiful work of art, a piece of music played by an artist, or powerful words from inspired writers. The powerful words of scriptures uplift, encourage, comfort and inspire. It is uplifting to read the words, and even more so to meditate upon them. As we read the words of the Bible, they become part of our thought processes. They are a constant reminder throughout the days that God wants the best for us. Here are some short inspirational Bible quotes to bring comfort and joy to your day.
The thoughts expressed in the powerful words of inspired Scripture are sure to inspire the thoughts and through them the behavior of those who read them. The Greek word that is translated as “inspiration” literally means “God-Breathed” By reading the words of the Bible we can take in the very breath of God. This is the life that He wants us to have. When our life is centered with Him, we can do all things according to His plan for us.
Learning what that plan is comes with being immersed in His Word, so that we want only the things which He desires for us. God already knows us, since He created each one of us. It is our task to learn to know Him better through the words of scripture. These words inspire and uplift us. They comfort us when we are grief-stricken or lonely.
To be inspired is to be enabled to do something or to think something which was otherwise not likely for us. The inspired words of God are expressed in His word and we have access to those words through scriptures. God is even willing to show us the words which are intended specifically for the situation in which we are involved. He will show us what His plan is for us
Inspirational words are often action words. They tell us what we are to do in our particular environment. The more we use His words as a guide, the more likely we are to be following the path God intends for our particular lifetime. He tells us what He wants for us, and then gives us the strength and understanding to accomplish His plan. Below are Short Inspirational Bible Quotes or 12 Short Bible Verses.
Short Inspirational Bible Quotes
- Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
- John 1:1-5 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. In him was life; and the life was the light of men.And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.
- Nahum 1:7 The Lord is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble; and He knoweth them that trust in Him.
- Philippians 1:6 Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:
- Jeremiah 33:3 “Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and shew thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not.”
- Psalm 37:4 Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.
Short Bible Verses
- Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.”
- Psalms 27:1 The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?
- Isaiah 43:18-19 Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland.
- Revelation 1:8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.
- Revelation 22:21 The grace of Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.
- Romans 12:1 “Therefore I urge you, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship.”