Often, the most memorable words, the ones that we remember and take to heart are those that are few in number. When tough times or emergencies occur, we tend to hang onto the most basic of truths, those expressed in only a few words or phrases. There are many verses found in the Bible that are words to inspire and to live by. Here are some short inspirational Bible verses to hold onto when you need guidance or comfort.
You can always depend upon the Bible verses to speak truth. The words of truth tend to resonate with us. When we hear truth spoken from the words of Scripture, we can depend on the promises and the comfort. If God says it in His word, we know it is something we can depend on. It is the sure word of Scripture expressed in ways we can understand and accept.
The inspirational verses expressed in a few words have the ability to encourage and uplift. We can remember a few words when we might not be able to call a lengthy text to mind, especially if the situation is one which is stressful. When we are stressed about something, the ability to be encouraged by the memory of a text that we have learned and been inspired by is a welcome solution.
The ability to internalize God’s word as expressed in inspirational verses serves as a reminder that God cares about our welfare. He provides instruction through the scriptures which is simple enough for a child to understand and still has the content to provide guidance for the most learned scholar. Meditating upon the uplifting verses will inspire and comfort.
Short verses from the Bible have often become the substance of a motto. They can be framed and put on the walls to remind us of His care over us each day. We are told to meditate upon the words. Each time we see the verses, we will recall the lesson or the thought that God wants to impress upon us. When the verses are impressed upon our thoughts and actions, we will always know where to turn for encouragement and comfort.
Short Inspirational Bible Verses
- Nahum 1:7 The Lord is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble; and He knoweth them that trust in Him.
- Romans 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
- John 14:27 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.
- Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
- 1 John 4:8 He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.
- Jeremiah 33:3 Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and shew thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not.
- Ecclesiastes 3:1 To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
- Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.
Short Inspirational Bible Quotes
- Character is doing the right thing when nobody’s looking. There are too many people who think that the only thing that’s right is to get by, and the only thing that’s wrong is to get caught.J. C. Watts
- Never let your head hang down. Never give up and sit down and grieve. Find another way. And don’t pray when it rains if you don’t pray when the sun shines.Satchel Paige
- When the passions become masters, they are vices.Blaise Pascal
- An infinite God can give all of Himself to each of His children. He does not distribute Himself that each may have a part, but to each one He gives all of Himself as full as if there were no others. A. W. Tozer
- God is the Alpha and Omega in the great world, let us endeavor to make Him so in the little world; let us practice to make Him our last thought at night when we sleep; and our first in the morning when we awake; so shall our fancy be sanctified in the night, and our understanding rectified in the day; so shall our rest be peaceful, and our labors prosperous; our life pious, and our death glorious. Wellins Calcott
- I believe the Bible is the best gift God has ever given to men. All the good from the Savior of the world is communicated to us through this Book. Abraham Lincoln
- Without God, our existence has no support, our life no aim, our improvements no permanence, our best labors no sure and enduring results, our spiritual weakness no power to lean upon, and our noblest aspirations and desires no pledge of being realized in a better state. Struggling virtue has no friend, suffering virtue no promise of victory. Take away God, and life becomes mean, and man poorer than the brute.William E. Channing
- We shall steer safely through every storm, so long as our heart is right, our intention fervent, our courage steadfast, and our trust fixed on God. St. Francis De Sales