When you need help to climb out of situations that have caused sorrows, discouragement or frustration, you can find that help in the Scriptures. There are many verses that confirm you can rely on your hope in God’s love and care. The verses also promise that we will be praising Him for the help He has provided. He is able to ensure that every need will be met and that we can rely on His word. Here are some Bible verses about encouragement in tough times.
The Psalms offer many examples of bible verses about encouragement. These words and songs empower us to look upward and attain a better approach to life than simply remaining discouraged. God has promised that He will intervene and help us when we need Him the most. He gives His undivided attention to each of us so that our pressing needs are met abundantly. We can rely on the Creator for His help and be confident that He will provide the perfect answer.
The Creator God who formed each one of us knows our most discouraging moments and He wants to share His encouraging words through the Scriptures. He will empower us through the offices of His Spirit. When we are filled with His presence, everything will seem brighter. In turn, the expressions on our faces and our interaction with others will be uplifting for them as well. We cannot help but to praise Him in our thoughts and words.
For His children, God is ever available and ever providing for us in every situation of life. There is no need to continue in worry and fretting. Instead, mentally grasp the encouraging promises available in His word and apply them to your present situation or state of mind. God’s love and mercy for us will never fail and never lessen.
There are general verses which provide encouragement in every circumstance and other more specific scriptures that apply to a certain type of situation or human need. You can never go wrong by spending time internalizing the verses and reminding God of His promises to uplift you and care for you in every aspect of your daily life.
Bible verses for encouragement in the old testament
- God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Psalms 46:1
- You broaden the path beneath me, so that my ankles do not turn. Psalm 18:32-36
- Cast your burden on the Lord, and he shall sustain you: he shall never suffer the righteous to be moved. Psalms 55:22
- He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end. Ecclesiastes 3:11
New testament bible verses for encouragement
- And let the peace that comes from Christ rule in your hearts. For as members of one body you are called to live in peace. And always be thankful. Colossians 3:15
- It is God who arms me with strength and makes my way perfect. He makes my feet like the feet of a deer; he enables me to stand on the heights. He trains my hands for battle; my arms can bend a bow of bronze. You give me your shield of victory, and your right hand sustains me; you stoop down to make me great.
- But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self control. Against such there is no law. And those who are Christ’s have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. If we all live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit. Let us not become conceited, provoking one another, envying one another. Galatians 5:22-26
- For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline. 2 Timothy 1:7
- May the God of hope fill you all with joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope. Romans 15:13
- Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me. In my Father’s house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. John 14:1-3
- May the Lord of peace himself give you peace at all times and in every way. The Lord be with all of you. 2 Thessalonians 3:16
Encouragement bible verses from famous people in this world
- Never lose an opportunity for seeing anything that is beautiful; For beauty is God’s handwriting–a wayside sacrament. Welcome it in every fair face, in every fair sky, in every fair flower, And thank God for it as a cup of His blessing. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Employ whatever God has entrusted you with, in doing good, all possible good, in every possible kind and degree John Wesley
- We may speak about a place where there are no tears, no death, no fear, no night; but those are just the benefits of heaven. The beauty of heaven is seeing God. Max Lucado
- A woman’s heart should be so hidden in God that a man has to seek Him just to find her. Max Lucado
- Few things are impossible to diligence and skill. Great works are performed, not by strength, but perseverance.Samuel Johnson
Video on Bible verses on encouragement