For many people, certain situations or tasks seem too overwhelming to accomplish. When you are having trouble getting started with a needed duty or activity, choosing one of the 12 Encouraging Scripture References in the Bible to provide incentive is a positive move. When you are having a difficult time with health, work, sadness and grief, or a troublesome relationship, reduction of stress is possible when you turn to the Bible for help.
Encouraging texts are found in nearly every part of the Bible. These uplifting verses might speak directly to the particular issue. For example, those who are mourning are promised comfort. These texts may take the form of “if you do this…you will receive that”. Because we can always rely on God to keep promises, the words can be very positive in nature to those who are experiencing down times.
For someone who is suffering from illness, the Bible has words which offer assistance. While not every illness or injury will be healed through direct application of Bible words, many sufferers will find that reading and meditating upon God’s Word will make pain and suffering much easier to bear. Grasping the encouraging words from the Bible and meditating upon those familiar words and phrases help to take the mind off the negative aspects of life.
Encouragement may also take a more general form. Spending time in the scriptures, searching out the promises made by God can be a positive force in your life. When you are searching for the right words of encouragement, you can ask for God’s assistance in finding just the right comfort and encouraging phrases that you need.
Encouraging Scriptures references which have been most meaningful to you when you needed uplifting and encouragement will be of value when you want to encourage other people who are discouraged, hurting, grief-stricken, or sad. The Bible has the needed words to raise the spirits and to help in moving into action where appropriate.
When you receive a positive and hopeful outlook from the words you read or hear, it will show in the relationships with others in your sphere of influence. The positive attitude displayed by a Christian who is uplifted by words from Scriptures has far-reaching effects on those around him.
12 Encouraging Scripture References in the Bible
- Proverbs 3:5-6 “Trust in the LORD with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths.”
- Psalm 46:10 “Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.”
- Psalm 119:89 For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven.
- Psalm 34:8 Taste and see that the LORD is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him.
- 1 Corinthians 13:13 So now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; but the greatest of these is love.
- John 3:16 “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.”
- Jeremiah 32:27 “Behold, I am the LORD, the God of all flesh; is anything too difficult for Me?”
- Isaiah 50:10 “Who is among you that fears the LORD, That obeys the voice of His servant, That walks in darkness and has no light? Let him trust in the name of the LORD and rely on his God.”
- Philippians 1:21 For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.
- Matthew 7:7 Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.
- Psalm 16:8 I have set the LORD always before me: because he is at my right hand, I shall not be moved.
- Isaiah 55:12 For ye shall go out with joy, and be led forth with peace: the mountains and the hills shall break forth before you into singing, and all the trees of the field shall clap their hands.
Amazing Bible Verses for Encouragement
Famous Encouragement Quotes by all people