When times are tough and you feel as if there is no one who cares what’s happening in your life, there is a source for encouragement available on your bookshelf. You can look for encouraging Bible verses which are found in many places in the Scriptures. Encouragement is available in money matters, times of grief, or when illness strikes you or a family member. You can always rely on the sure word of the Bible to be true and consistent.
Regardless of the type of trouble you are experiencing, it helps to know that God knows and cares about every aspect of your life. He wants you to be happy and fulfilled in your work, your family matters and your spiritual growth. He provides the guidebook in the form of precious encouraging Bible verses.
God doesn’t promise that everything that occurs during a lifetime will be pleasant, but He does promise that He will be a friend throughout each trouble and trial. The Bible verses that speak of friendship with our Creator are a positive force. When you read the verses, it’s the same feeling you would get with a trusted friend and confidant sitting with you in your living room. He’s a friend who has just the right words of comfort and encouragement for every aspect of life. Because He knows and cares about your sad thoughts or your discouraged times, He has provided help even before you asked and has placed this help in the words of the Bible.
When you have a friend or acquaintance who is feeling discouraged or beat down, these encouraging Bible verses are a way of sharing what God has provided to you. Your friend will be blessed by hearing the words and you will be blessed as you review them in your own mind. Sometimes the human mind is unable to come up with just the right words to say in times of discouragement or grief. Using Scriptural references to express encouragement, comfort or sympathy is a good option in those instances.
Encouragement is not always about negative aspects of life. When you feel that you’ve accomplished something, it helps to have words of praise and encouragement offered right from the words of the Scripture. You can appreciate being on the receiving end of such sentiments, directly from the Bible. These same words can be used as congratulatory words sent to family members who have achieved a great and desirable goal.
Encouraging Bible verses
- I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.” John 16.33
- So letting your sinful nature control your mind leads to death. But letting the Spirit control your mind leads to life and peace.” Romans 8:6
- Great peace have those who love your law, and nothing can make them stumble. Psalm 119:165
- So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. Isaiah 41:10
- Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Deuteronomy 31:6
- Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. John 14.27
- The Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace. Numbers 6:26
- The Lord gives his people strength. The Lord blesses them with peace. Psalm 29:11
- The Lord is my light and my salvation – whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life – of whom shall I be afraid? Psalm 27:1
Encouraging Bible quotes from Christian
- God loves each of us as if there were only one of us- Augustine
- He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep, to gain what he cannot lose. Jim Elliot
- The will of God will not take us where the grace of God cannot sustain us. Billy Graham
- I used to ask God to help me. Then I asked if I might help Him. I ended up by asking God to do His work though me. Hudson Taylor
- If God is your partner, make your plans BIG!- D.L. Moody
Encouraging Bible verse video