There are occasions in life where each of us experience grief. It may be at the death of a favorite pet, the loss of a parent, spouse or a child, or for other reasons. Regardless of the reason for the grief, it is hard to believe that any other person could truly understand the depths of the grief we feel. When such times arise in our lives, it may be that Bible verses about grief are the best solace. Here is a selection to comfort and uplift.
When you or a loved one has suffered a loss and is deep in grief, it can be difficult to find words to comfort. Turning to one or more of these verses can be a way to share your love and caring with another. If you are the one needing comfort, a selection of these scriptures is sure to help you see that you are not alone.
God has made provision for our sadness and grief. We know He understands our sorrow, because He has experienced it for each of us. The Scriptures abound with words of understanding. He even describes Himself as a Man of Sorrows and acquainted with grief. There is no experience or any human emotion that He doesn’t understand.
When we experience grief, there is comfort in the knowledge that we have a God who not only understands our sorrows, but is able to offer comfort at the deepest level. Comforting texts can be read over and over and the meaning speaks in a slightly different way each time, offering just the encouragement and deeper meaning that is required at the time.
Our human experiences are uniquely our own, and yet they are universal in nature. Grief is experienced by each person on earth. The Bible texts about grief are inspired by God so that they speak to our own unique experience with grief and no two persons will understand them in quite the same way. Yet they are able to bring comfort as they are read, meditated upon and absorbed into the thought processes of the grieving person.
Bible Verses About Grief
- And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. Romans 8:28
- And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men. Colossians 3:23
- Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you. Matthew 7:7
- Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. Philippians 4:6
- This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success. Joshua 1:8
- The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. Psalms 23:1
- The name of the LORD is a strong tower: the righteous runneth into it, and is safe. Proverbs 18:10
- This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it. Psalms 118:24
Inspirational Quotes For Those Grieving
- God never performs His greatest feats in your yesterdays. Joel Osteen
- If you have your health, if you have people in your life to love, you are blessed. Slow down and enjoy the simple things in life. Joel Osteen
- Life’s too short to spend it trying to keep others happy. You can’t please everyone. To fulfill your destiny, stay true to your heart. Joel Osteen
- Quit looking back.Joel Osteen