As humans we recognize our weaknesses and also on our dependency upon the strength of God. Weakness can be in the physical or in the mental realm. It can also be in the spiritual realm. The Bible speaks about providing strength in each of these areas. Sometimes the message of the texts is clearly stated, and at other times strength is implied. Here are some helpful references when you need to see 12 Bible verses about strength.
Strength comes from the Lord. The Bible makes it plain over and over. Human strength is as nothing when compared to the power of God to strengthen and uplift those who claim His promises. We are strengthened in our Christian walk by reading and internalizing the words of Scripture. When we feel our weakness and call upon Him to provide His strength, He has promised that we may be assured of His answer.
His mighty power is what holds the universe in His hands. To even begin to comprehend what that means is beyond human understanding. We can learn and understand though, that He has promised the strength that we need to get through each day and each minute of our lives.
When we need strength to handle a task or situation that seems insurmountable from our human standpoint, the Scriptures are available to all. In the pages of the Bible can be found dozens of texts that speak to human problems and experiences. These scriptural references are positive in nature. They tell us that God truly cares about us and our trials.
Strength to meet the temptations that we are so often subject to is available. As we resist wrong-doing with our best efforts and add the strength of the Lord to that effort, there can be no temptation stronger. We are promised victory over temptations if we but resist the tempter with God’s strength added to our own. As with all of God’s gifts to us, strength is freely given. We have only to ask for the things we need and they will be bestowed upon us in accordance with the promises He has made in the verses of the Bible.
12 Bible Verses About Strength
- Proverbs 3: 5-6 Trust in the Lord with all thine heart, and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths.
- Matthew 24:34-35 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled. Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass
- Luke 10:19 I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.
- Psalm 119:11 Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.
- 1 John 3:18 My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth.
- Proverbs 30:5 Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him.
- John 14:1 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.
Encouraging Quotes about Strength
- Do you need help today? Lift up your hands to the Lord in supplication and in expectation, and soon you will lift up your hands in jubilation and celebration. Warren W. Wiersbe
- Spare the rod and spoil the child – that is true. But, beside the rod, keep an apple to give him when he has done well. Martin Luther
- Education is useless without the Bible. The Bible was America’s basic text book in all fields. God’s Word, contained in the Bible, has furnished all necessary rules to direct our conduct. Noah Webster
- We believe that all men are created equal because they are created in the image of God. President Harry S. Truman
- My worth is what I am worth to God; and that is a marvelous great deal, for Christ died for me. Thus, incidentally, what gives to each of us His highest worth gives the same worth to everyone; in all that matters most are we equal. William Temple
- The ultimate test of our spirituality is the measure of our amazement at the grace of God. Martyn Lloyd-Jones