To be encouraged and in a better position to move forward in a difficult path is one of the benefits of going to the Scriptures. The Bible is full of texts which encourage believers in their life choices as well as the need to move ahead in a time that is sad, challenging or frustrating. By taking the encouraging words of the Bible to heart, we are enabled to be uplifted and effective in the actions we take.
When we need to be cheered up, encouragement can be found in the Bible. There is no problem that is too big for God. He has the big picture view and will be ready for just the right words from Scriptures that will uplift and cheer. We do not have to allow ourselves to remain discouraged or in a sad frame of mind. There are many passages in the Bible that lead us to be encouraged, uplifted and praising God for His goodness.
When we are uncertain of which way to turn in decisions of daily life, whether they be major or minor, the Bible provides guidance and instruction. Sometimes, the encouragement is structured in a way that we are encouraged to move ahead in a given path. At other times, we are encouraged to hang on in a situation that seems impossible to bear. There is nothing too difficult for God. Just the knowledge of that fact makes our problems easier to handle.
We can go to the Bible to see evidence in the lives of the great Bible heroes about the provisions of God for their health and well-being. Time after time, we see the intervention of God in the affairs of men, always in a positive way. When Moses needed encouragement, it was provided by God’s presence. The same was true of Abraham, Ruth, David and even Jesus. They had direct help to encourage and uplift in each case.
Hundreds of people throughout history have gone to the Bible for help when things don’t seem possible from a human standpoint. This is just one of the gifts that God provides to those who place their reliance in Him.
The Need For Encouraging Words
- A man’s heart deviseth his way: but the LORD directeth his steps. Proverbs 16:9
- A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh. Ezekiel 36:26
- Acquaint now thyself with him, and be at peace: thereby good shall come unto thee. Job 22:21
- And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever. John 14:16
- And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God. Luke 1:35
The Need For Encouraging Words Video