Nothing can make a person worry more than when a loved one gets sick. Sickness is an enemy to humanity as it steals health, kills the body, and destroys life. This reality reflects the truth in Jesus Christ’s words in John 10:10 that the enemy comes to steal, kill, and destroy. Sicknesses and diseases of any kind do not come from God. That is why He sent His only begotten Son, Jesus Christ, to demonstrate as He healed diseases that by faith we have authority against sicknesses and diseases. As you are here thinking about how to pray for healing for your mom, know that you have the authority against any works of the enemy (see Luke 10:19) in Christ Jesus. You may pray for your mom’s healing ie A Get Well Prayer for Mom in this way:
In the mighty name of Jesus, I command sickness to leave my mom’s body right now! By the blood of Jesus, you have no right to stay there. I release healing upon her body!
This is one way you can pray for healing for your mom or anyone you know who is sick. You cast out the sickness upon the person’s life and declare healing in the name of Jesus. Stand upon your authority in Christ, believe in the power of Jesus’ name that brings healing, and remain firm in your faith no matter what.
Or another way to pray for healing for your mom is by praising God and magnifying His faithfulness to heal:
Heavenly Father, thank You for the life of my mom. I know that You are faithful to heal her and restore her to full strength. You have always been so good to us, no matter our situation in life. I will continuously praise You in the storm and thank You for healing my mom in Jesus’ name. Amen.
It is a powerful thing to praise God in the middle of the storms of life, and it threatens the enemy when you are full of God’s peace despite what life is throwing at you. Rest in the promises of God, be strong in your faith in Him, and know that God is sovereign, faithful, and capable over your mother’s life.
What do you say to your sick mom?
You can say many things to encourage, give hope, speak life, and bring healing to your mom. Proverbs 18:21 says that the tongue has the power of life and death. The words you speak to your mom can bring healing, comfort, and peace to her. Here are some of the things you can say to your sick mom:
- You can tell her how much you love her and that you are always there by her side.
It can be comforting for her to know that she is not alone in whatever she may be going through. So, hearing these words from her child brings so much comfort and peace.
- You can share scriptures with her or read her a story about God’s healing power in the Bible. Romans 10:17 says that faith comes from hearing the Word of God. As you share stories of Jesus Christ healing the sick, this can impart faith to your mom.
- You can pray for her and declare healing to her body. Since the tongue has the power of life and death, you can declare life and healing to your mom as you let her hear your prayers. Command the sickness to leave her body in the name of Jesus.
- You may also sing her a worship or praise song or simply play a Christian playlist when your mom is resting. Worship lifts a gloomy atmosphere brought upon by the spirit of sickness, and once you turn on the music and start praising God, the negativity leaves, and the atmosphere of heaven invades the room.
- You can let your mom know that you are constantly praying for her healing and that she is not alone in the journey. You are with her, and you will never leave her side. This can bring your mom encouragement, hope, and faith that her child is praying with her.
- Sometimes, it also helps to divert her focus from her sickness to something more meaningful and beautiful, such as a funny memory of a time you’ve had with her. You can talk about the best things your mom did for you and simply be grateful for her life.
There are many more other things that you can say to your mom who is sick. As you use your tongue to speak life, faith, and hope in Christ Jesus, healing and miracles can take place. Allow the Holy Spirit to guide you into saying the right words to your mom.
What do you write in a get-well-soon card for Mom?
If you cannot physically visit your mom for some reason, writing her a letter or sending her a get-well-soon card is one of your best options. As much as spoken words are powerful, written ones are equivalently the same. So, to write a get-well-soon card for your mom, you can be extra creative with your letters by adding designs, crafts, and art, if you’d like. Then your main message is to speak life, healing, encouragement, comfort, and hope to her. You may ask her how her day was, tell her you miss her, and that you are praying for her. You can add scriptures that speak of God’s healing and restoration of strength, which can impact your mom’s faith in Jesus Christ.
Here are some Bible verses that can be useful to include in a get-well-soon letter:
1. Jeremiah 17:14
Heal me, O Lord, and I shall be healed; save me, and I shall be saved: for thou art my praise.
2. Isaiah 41:10
Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.
3. 3 John 1:2
Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.
4. Philippians 4:19
But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.
5. 1 Peter 2:24
Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.
6. John 14:27
Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.
7. Matthew 11:28-30
Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.
8. Isaiah 49:29
He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might he increaseth strength.
These are some of the scriptures that can bring encouragement, faith in God’s healing power in Christ, comfort, and peace. Moreover, you may also write how much you love your mom and your plans of having good times with her when she recovers.
Let the Holy Spirit lead you into all these and let your mom feel how much you care, love, and value her. May the LORD heal her in Jesus’ name.